cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rif.: Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray. Dropbox now looks offline all the

Bring back the green 'synced' checkmark in the system tray.

wowtah
Helpful | Level 6

In my Windows system tray (next to the clock), Dropbox used to show that it was fully synced by showing a green check-mark over the Dropbox icon. This was really helpfull. 

If Dropbox was offline, it would show no overlay icon. 

Recently (and according to Dropbox itsself) this has changed, the Dropbox icon now shows no overlay if it is fully synced, but to me, i constantly think my Dropbox is offline, instead of 'fully synced'.

So the idea is: please bring back the green 'fully synced' checkmark. Or -at least- make it an option to show it. 

Please upvote this idea if you agree :white_check_mark:

334 Replies 334

DannyFSCA
New member | Level 2

Bring back the green tick please..why do people mess with good things....im always checking to see if up to date ...bring the tick back please

darrylschick
Collaborator | Level 9

The dropbox tray icon always looks disconnected now.  I can't tell the difference between the "shaded" and "not shaded" icon.  Green check = synced.  Just like in the folders.  Put it back that way.

mzoomzoom
New member | Level 2

Please bring the green checkmark back.  Thank you.  

lamu
Helpful | Level 6

Like many others have reported, this is the first time I have to check Dropbox Community forums for an issue. I have been using Dropbox for more than five years, and green checkmark on Dropbox tray icon has always been there. It was visually easy and intuitive, making it fast and accurate to determine if Dropbox was up-to-date and working. Actually, it was so good visually that I unconsciously checked it to verify internet connection instead of the real system icon.

Moreover, of all possible design changes you could have made to it, the green checked icon was replaced with the exact same icon that has been signalling offline-mode for so many years. I fail to understand how this was not considered when you designed and pushed the update...

Please, reconsider the choice of removing the green checkmark from Dropbox status icon. As it is, the new status icon design is a downright downgrade to your service.

Thank you.

gaurav b.2
Helpful | Level 5

Product Managers who did this need to be fired.

Kijah27
New member | Level 2

Please DropBox - Bring back the GREEN TICK  !White check mark

Thank you !!

Ana A.3
New member | Level 2

Yes! Please bring it back!

You can make it an option and please most people.

DLCO
Explorer | Level 4

I agreed removing the icons is not acceptable.  I am a consultant and myself and over 10 companies all setup on business level dropbox accounts.  Every single one of them have called me thinking drobox was offline and was having issues for them and their entire staff.  I felt i was experiencing the same thing too and spent an a hour reinstalling, unlinking/relinking, etc. until i found this article showing it as an "update". 

Please please please bring it back to the old way.  The fading thing just dowsn't work for my clients with small screens / older screens or who can't physically see the subtle differences.  One of the companies deals with the elderly (all 75+ years old) and nearly all of them are having issues seeing the differnces, where a check mark worked (and the fact it was green also helped).

Even Windows 10 Security Center (in the taskbar too) uses the green check mark system on the taskbar and on the entire Security Center list of items to show everything is safe and up-to-date (Virus, Device performance & health, Firewall, App/crowswer control".  Also OneDrive uses the green check mark system too (no longer in the taskbar but underer Windows Explorer and when clicking inside your OneDrive folder).

Forgetting about the taskbar for a second, the fact that the folders and files inside of your dropbox folder are not showing green check marks as well is a huge problem and not how OneDrive or any of the other syncing programs we've used work either.  This is a huge issue as they no longer look like "clould" folders/files anymore and noone can tell which folders/files are synced and which ones are local.  Meanwhile OneDrive has green checks on all the ones synced to the cloud.

I'm not sure if this will get read or not but i hope it does becuase i desperaly DON'T want to move myself and all these businesses away from Drobox and have to go to OneDrive (or Google Drive), as i a not a fan of there services, expecially for a stupid reason like an icon.  But bottom line if every one of my clients called and had issues (which they all did) and their customers can't physically see the differences (as explained above), something will have to be done 😞

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi all

Just wanted to ping a message here to let you know this thread is being tracked and that I passed this on to our desktop team.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Ed

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Roughnecksrico
New member | Level 2

+1

Please bring back the green tick

PLEASE !!!

Need more support?