cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have different plans / price points / data combinations / plan sizes?

Can we have different plans / price points / data combinations / plan sizes?

Michel L.
New member | Level 2

Hi, I find limited in the choices of subscription plans. Basic/free and Pro/110$

I'd gladly pay something like 25$ a year for 50GB and a 2 users family plan.

Considering iCloud have a 12$ plan for 20 GB and 48$ for 200GB, that seems reasonable..

1,095 Comments
Waqas T.
New member | Level 2

Joe,

I don't agree. While Onedrive is far better than Gdrive and the plus point is that you get Office with it, it's still not as good as Dropbox. Onedrive still does not support Differential / Delta Sync
and File versioning. This basically means that Onedrive upload an entire file all over again if you change a sinly bit in the data. That's stupid and irritating, at least for me.

Not having differential sync means alot. For example it took me about 90 minutes to upload my data (about 12GB) to Onedrive, I deleted everything from Dropbox, and when I decided I can not live without delta sync and reinstall DB and started syncing all my data again with DB, it took less than 30 seconds.

Now we don't upload our entire data every time, but I do have large files that I change 10-15 times in a single day (VMs) with Onedrive it meant that it kept on uploading all throughout the day, Dropbox gets done in a few seconds to a minute.

Joe H.19
New member | Level 1

50Gb and 100Gb options for me please, I'm never going to pay the $100, nor am I going to need a Tb...OneDrive $2 for 50Gb was tempting but HEY! wait a minute Google's is going to steal me away pretty soon with their $2 for 100Gb option!!

pep a.
New member | Level 1

Another one going to google drive 100gb plan.

It was a pleasure Dropbox 🙂

Fengchao Y.
Explorer | Level 4

That's way I left Dropbox and chose Google Drive.

Reese P.
New member | Level 1

An old issue, but I was just looking around for this exact thing. $10/mo is far too much for me to pay. Instead, I attempt to make do with the free version. I would happily pay somewhere around $50/yr for much less space. 50gb is about all I'd need too. 

Kenny Y.1
New member | Level 1

I have been using dropbox from very beginning, and my 10G space is about to fill-up. It seems that my only upgrade option is 1T space at 9.99 a month, which is totally beyond what I need. I pay 0.99 a month for 50G on iCloud and wonder why Dropbox does not want to offer such a tier.  

Richard P.
Super User alumni

wonder why Dropbox does not want to offer such a tier.  

As noted in my very first reply, because it would lose them money, not make them money. Simple really.

Mark
Super User II

it will only mean Dropbox doesn't care about its users/market demands.

Or, they care about staying in business?

Same as you can demand and kick off and complain all you like to big companies like Audi, Porsche, BMW or Mercedes. Just because you want something cheaper doesnt mean it has to happen 

Trinity C.1
Collaborator | Level 9

WHAT? You mean Econ 101 isn't always right!?

Patrick C.13
New member | Level 1

I find it interesting that every few months new people come to the same realization - that Dropbox's plan has nothing to do with small individual customers. Frankly with the super user comments to multiple previous posts which were trying to show some logic and reason for supporting small users, the level of contempt is a clear indication that Dropbox doesn't need our financial support. Message received Loud and Clear. I want to make it clear that in reciprocity, Dropbox should not expect that I will consider them as a solution provider for my business needs either since I am a firm believer in providing my money to companies that value my business, however small it might be. I'm sure my measly 100 user base isn't worth your time anyways.   

P.S. I only drive a Lincoln not a German import so I'm probably not "in" enough for Dropbox I guess... 

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

471 votes received