cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can you remove the space in the dropbox folder name ("Dropbox (Company-Name)")?

Can you remove the space in the dropbox folder name ("Dropbox (Company-Name)")?

Vincent M.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm using my companies business dropbox account. And it created a folder called "Dropbox (my companies name here)".

Is there a way to remove the space between "Dropbox" and "("? I don't want to have a space in the path. So the folder name will become "Dropbox-Company" or "Dropbox_Company" or something, but not space.

It seems impossible.

138 Replies 138

sharpertool
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been waiting for years for this one also.. I just can't understand why the tool does not have the ability to set a custom value here. You can 'move' the hard-coded name, but that isn't a very fun solution. I really just HATE the naming convention - parenthesis are for functions.. it drives me crazy to just LOOK at those names.

stoic
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Spaces... and Parens... truly an astounding choice for a mandatory folder name.  Please fix this, spaces and parens have no place in folder or file names in any kind of serious business environment.

WiedemannLabs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also need to rename the dropbox for business folder without a space.  None of our scripts work with dropbox for business.  Dear Product Owner in charge of features I empower you to prioritize this change request, sincerely, Voice of the customer.

chasrmartin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You know honestly I don’t think anyone in dropbox cares

warpedgeoid
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Why does the business/team name need to be included at all for those of us who use Dropbox Business as our only DB account?

I suppose DB doesn't care about this problem because their target clientele are spreadsheet pushers, but they need to understand that the decision as to which cloud providers can/should be used within an organization often falls to those of us who encounter this issue.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you all so much for your feedback. 

All the posts in this thread are reviewed, however there is no update I can add to this. 

Just wanted to let you know we make sure your feedback is reported to our devs. 

Thanks for upvoting this request. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

terrestre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This last answer from DB is joke right?

stoic
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Spaces in paths - truly a "Worst Practice" 

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @terrestre!

Welcome to Dropbox Community.  We do our best to be in touch with all of you and acknowledge your feedback, even when there is no update  on the matter.

I hope my addition here was helpful for people that don't know if feedback in such long discussions in our Community is being actually being reviewed. 

Thanks again. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

dmarchant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Fiona,

It is hard to take your response seriously when we have been complaining about this issue for well over five years.  It is an issue that is clearly important to your customers and yet you (Dropbox) repeatedly offer no solution and no information on why a solution is impossible.

Is it too much to ask to get a real answer on this (either when we can expect a fix, or an explanation as to why it is impossible) as we have been requesting this bug be fixed for so long (while paying you a large ammount of money)?

Need more support?