A number of us have started using dropbox paper at work. We want to save documents that we create in paper to an existing Team folder but I can't see how to do this. Any ideas anyone?
Thank you for providing all this feedback about Paper, we really appreciate it. Our team is working hard to improve our products and Paper getting out of beta and going public is the first step. Any new features will be announced and we are looking forward to the future with this!
To share your Paper feedback directly with us while using Paper , you can click on the "?" icon on the lower right corner and click on "Feedback". From that link you can submit your ideas and general Paper related feedback.
PS: Hey Liz, I renamed your topic's subject to : "FR: Saving dropbox paper to existing Dropbox team folder" . FR = Feature Request, thanks!
This is a great idea. I think Paper docs also could be implemented as the separate folder on Dropbox.com.
Like we already have "Camera Uploads" folder, it would be awesome if new docs I'm creating will appear on the "Paper" folder. But then I can move them between any other folders within personal or team account.
Maybe something like this:
Yup, lovely as it is, it's a complete waste of time for these two reasons:
1. If it's not syncing directly to part of my dropbox tree, I can't edit or use other tools to work with it.
2. Other tools are better at this kind of document editing. Dropbox has excelled at being a storage provider, but this platform completely ignores what *made* dropbox a success in the first place.
3. A proprietary storage space, and I suspect a proprietary document format, means another useless dead-end silo
4. If I can't round-trip documents elsewhere, you're treating me as a product, not a customer.
I can't get over Paper. The more you look at it, the less sense it makes.
... my two reasons rapidly escalated there!
why seperate folder ?
imo it is better to leave the organisation of folder to the user, not the 'system'.
The only good way is to introduce a 'paper' extension, and mix paper-files with other files at locations choosen by user.
@dovhyi Your idea looks cool and we appreciate the visual! I'll pass it on to the team for sure!
@Luc V.2 Interesting scenario, passing it on!
Our development team works hard for Paper, we're looking forward to add more features in the future.
Thank you guys for the input!
Totally agree. Why paper isn't integrated directly into current Dropbox folders is baffling. Much too confusing for larger companies to ask employees to jump back-and-forth between team folder full of files and then into a separate interface for Paper docs.
We'll keep using txt and rtf files for now until this gets updated. Please don't force us back to G Drive :(
It's definitely a sad design and marketing choice not to be able to add your Paper documents inside your Dropbox file system.
The community has been consistently agreeing on this.
@Zed since you seem to be the company's voice in this discussion, I would like to address a couple of questions to you:
1. You invited the community several times to use the lower right Feedback button on Paper to share feedbacks, but this would be a solitary, unarchived method which would exclude the well functioning community driven hierarchy on topics. don't you agree that the forum is just a more efficient place for it?
2. You picked dovhyi's individual suggestion after many users agreed on the urgency of a simple Paper integration on Dropbox folder. Would you be able to give a specific feedback on this shared issue?
Finally, just an idea for a simple, first integration:
I would also just be happy to see my Paper document link inside the dropbox file system and when I click on it, that the browser would open the document in a new tab in the Paper environment.
Paper is a great product and integrated with Dropbox it would just make this whole system very competitive, i'm also willing to move from Gdrive.
PLEASE Make this happen, loving dropbox Paper!!! Will ditch evernote in a second if you could make it work with our existing dropbox file structure... File structure is evernote's worst feature and why it turns everyone one off! They haven't innovated in years!
This is so important, and a little suprised it wasn't available when I began using it.. it would be great if Paper could provide an update on this too!
I've submitted an feature request but a reply here would be good to understand if it's on their immediate product roadmap before I commit to Paper too soon
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.