cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Paper docs to existing Dropbox folder structure/file-system.

Saving Paper docs to existing Dropbox folder structure/file-system.

liz g.4
New member | Level 1

Hi

A number of us have started using dropbox paper at work. We want to save documents that we create in paper to an existing Team folder but I can't see how to do this. Any ideas anyone?

Latest Update
Megan
Dropbox Staff
This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Thank you for your suggestion, and if you have another idea to share, please do! 
Status changed to: Delivered
260 Comments
Zed
Dropbox Staff

@dovhyi Your idea looks cool and we appreciate the visual! I'll pass it on to the team for sure!

@Luc V.2 Interesting scenario, passing it on!

Our development team works hard for Paper, we're looking forward to add more features in the future.

Thank you guys for the input!

rdolmat
Helpful | Level 6

Totally agree. Why paper isn't integrated directly into current Dropbox folders is baffling. Much too confusing for larger companies to ask employees to jump back-and-forth between team folder full of files and then into a separate interface for Paper docs.

We'll keep using txt and rtf files for now until this gets updated. Please don't force us back to G Drive 😞

FrancescaT
Explorer | Level 4

It's definitely a sad design and marketing choice not to be able to add your Paper documents inside your Dropbox file system.

The community has been consistently agreeing on this.

@Zed since you seem to be the company's voice in this discussion, I would like to address a couple of questions to you:

1. You invited the community several times to use the lower right Feedback button on Paper to share feedbacks, but this would be a solitary, unarchived method which would exclude the well functioning community driven hierarchy on topics. don't you agree that the forum is just a more efficient place for it?

2. You picked dovhyi's individual suggestion after many users agreed on the urgency of a simple Paper integration on Dropbox folder. Would you be able to give a specific feedback on this shared issue?

Finally, just an idea for a simple, first integration:

I would also just be happy to see my Paper document link inside the dropbox file system and when I click on it, that the browser would open the document in a new tab in the Paper environment.

Paper is a great product and integrated with Dropbox it would just make this whole system very competitive, i'm also willing to move from Gdrive.

Greenalex
Helpful | Level 5
I am also willing to move from G Drive if they can integrate paper into existing Dropbox folder tree
Greenalex
Helpful | Level 5

PLEASE Make this happen, loving dropbox Paper!!! Will ditch evernote in a second if you could make it work with our existing dropbox file structure... File structure is evernote's worst feature and why it turns everyone one off! They haven't innovated in years!

This is so important, and a little suprised it wasn't available when I began using it.. it would be great if Paper could provide an update on this too!

I've submitted an feature request but a reply here would be good to understand if it's on their immediate product roadmap before I commit to Paper too soon

mpsoria
New member | Level 2
Agree
lynneluvah
Helpful | Level 5
Like everyone else I really don't understand the point of paper being separate from Dropbox. Been a pro user of Dropbox for a while now sharing project folders with clients and was happy to see paper notes as a means to organize activities and items within existing folders. I invited a client to a paper folder to look at action items and then had to invite them to a separate Dropbox folder to upload files listed in the action items. They were very confused. Plus it's too much work to ask a client to do this. I just could've used slack to manage this project instead. I'm really rooting for you Dropbox and hoping that you make this make sense. Seems it would've been obvious to integrate the services.
silviamah
New member | Level 2

Dropbox is great for storing files, from docs to ppt to PDFs, but having a workig document within a folder would be great. For example. We are compiling bios for all of our speakers for a conference. We have a folder in DropBox with everone' sheadshots, but we are working on a bio document where we cut and paste everyone' s bios. Instead of downloading a word document, editing it and re-uploading, it would be great to integrate a paper document in that folder for ease of collaboration and having multiple people having access to the document for editing.

krism
New member | Level 2
Agree with previous, I can see the benefit and trying it out with a team, but not being able to centralise both my 'paper' docs and other files in the same folder makes this counter-intuitive. If you want to make this useable, you need to stay within the usability context of dropbox, not create a totally separate experience. It seems you're focusing on UI in paper, but forgetting UX for users.
raymond26
New member | Level 2
+1 for integrating Paper documents to existing folders.
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

184 votes received