cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More fonts &/or ability to change/ highlight with colors in Paper

More fonts &/or ability to change/ highlight with colors in Paper

ujnips
Helpful | Level 6

Was wondering if there is any plan to change font color or highlight colors in Paper? 

One suggestion from my simple mind - 

-  How about changing the color of the highlight to red if there is a (-) and green when there is a  (+) 

Thoughts? 

Latest Update
Jay
Dropbox Staff

This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Status changed to: Closed
32 Comments
pmbrady11
New member | Level 2

Are there any font options available for Paper? Specifically adding a proportional font would be helpful to align things in columns. Thank you.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @pmbrady11, since the dev team is constantly working on implementing further improvements, I’m afraid there isn’t a timeline to share yet. 

However, I also wanted to mention that if you’re trying to add comments into a Paper doc, you can do so by following the steps here

In any case, I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to them to review though, and so I also moved your post to the Share an Idea section of the Community to keep track of your feedback.  

If you have any other ideas you’d like us to forward, don’t hesitate to get back to us. Thanks! :upside_down:

[EDIT]
I also moved your second post here regarding fonts, so as to ensure that I have your feedback collected. Thanks again!
pmbrady11
New member | Level 2

Thank you. By "tags" or "tagging" I mean you actually "file" a note by tagging it. For example if I had a note had to do with two subjects rather than copying it to two folders, I would add two tags. When later referencing the note I could find it under either of the tags. This is a much more efficient retrieval system than folder storage. My question then is whether or not the developers are planning to implement this feature and if so, how soon. Thanks again.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Ah, I see! Thanks for elaborating on this, @pmbrady11.

I’ve made sure to correct this from my end and have passed it along to the team. I can’t say exactly if this will be implemented or planned, nonetheless your feedback is greatly appreciated. :grin:

Don’t hesitate to give us a nudge if you have any other thoughts or feedback for us! 
MichaelNorth
New member | Level 2

Yes, close to a deal breaker. As much as I don't like Google Docs, at least there's some font control.  Even a few sizes and weights would be helpful. And I want to choose the base font color myself. Thank you!

kingyost
Explorer | Level 4

Yes please! 🙏 The ability to change colors of the text, even just between a few colors (blue, red, green, purple), would make me convert from Gdocs!

Emma
Community Manager

Status changed to: Delivered
lila1
Helpful | Level 6

I want to suggest that Paper uses new type of fonts, not just Atlas Grotesk.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi @lila1, thanks for sharing your suggestions for Paper, much appreciated. 

I've moved your post to this thread as other users were requesting this feature.

If you have any other thoughts, please don't hesitate to give us a nudge. Cheers! :grinning:

lila1
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks Lusil

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

51 votes received