cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Listen to music via dropbox

Listen to music via dropbox

jan m.17
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I placed my music in dropbox. If I want to listen directly using dropbox, I can listen only to one song at a time I had to select an other song in a folder to listen again. Is there a possibility to listen to more songs or a complete CD?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Did you ever solve this issue?  With only playing one song at a time?

There is no solution for this in Dropbox because it's not a media player. Find a media player application that has Dropbox functionality built-in to it.

View solution in original post

78 Replies 78

Winner C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't listen to any music or sound in my dropbox... it keeps showing ERROR 500

Edith L.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My dropbox was full. I deleted a big amount of files. Can I continue to use dropbox and to save  other files ?

Jim K.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no solution for this in Dropbox because it's not a media player. Find a media player application that has Dropbox functionality built-in to it.

Jim K.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Which media player application do you recommend.  It seems there are lots of problems with the few I just reviewed.

Thanks, Jim

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I can't offer a recommendation as I don't use Dropbox to play media.

Minit
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I can only recommend one player, and I've tried most of them. It's Cloud Player by Double Twist (for Android). It has it flaws too, but it works and looks very nice. It's not free though, but it's a one time cost.

If anyone has a recommendation for a similar player on iOS, I'd be grateful. Most players I've tried are more or less crap.

kitty
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi jan m.17,

Thank you for reaching out on Community!

The Dropbox app is not designed to be a fully-featured media player, so if you're playing items from a folder of audio files, it will not progress automatically to the next file.

gstout
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is a terrible response.

People, many, are using dropbox to listen to music. It's a far better solution that iTunes. This dismissive response shows a lack of fundamental marketing intelligence.

• Your customers want playlists and have been asking for years.
  • They ARE using your app to listen to music. You can pretend or insist they are not, but they are.
    (My primary reason for getting a paid account was that my LARGE music files made me grow beyond the basic account size. Had I not used you for music and audio I'd still be a free user.)
  • There are other (bad) solutions on the web to create playlists for dropbox because you have refused to. http://www.online-playlist.com

Why not embrace your customer feedback and make ANY solution to handle this.

It could be as simple as allowing users to make a text file with a specific extension that listed the files names they want in a list.

Or if you are feeling fancy, add an option under the multiple file select menu that said: "Play all" and supported a swipe right and left while playing to skip forward and back.

My point is STOP TELLING PEOPLE THEY DON"T WANT WHAT THEY WANT and please LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Thanks,

Greg

Need more support?