cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See what folders a user belongs to

See what folders a user belongs to

DanKWeaver
Helpful | Level 6

As an admin, I want to be able to easily see what folders a specific user belongs to. I'd love to be a be able to go to the "Members" page, click on a user, and then see a list of all the folders they have access to. If I need to partially reduce a specific users folder access, I would currently have to click "Share" next to each folder and look through who the members were. And even then, if they belong to a folder I don't, I won't know they are on it.

I'd also like to be able to change their permission and uninvite them to those folders from that same view. So, once I've opened the "Members" page, clicked on the user, and am looking at the folders they belong to, I'd want to be able to make edits from there.

Latest Update
Walter
Dropbox Staff
This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Thank you for your suggestion, and if you have another idea to share, please do! 

Status changed to: Closed
75 Comments
LearningLibrary
New member | Level 2

Has this been fixed since this was posted? seems like a simple and very common need. thx!!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LearningLibrary - could you elaborate on what exactly would you like to accomplish so as to see what can be done for your case? 

As this is not an option at this moment (as I mentioned above if you're an admin of a team you can remove them from the team completely).

Moreover, as we're always looking for user input regarding our website, I'll make sure to include your comments in my internal report to our development team.

If there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime, please let me know. Thank you!

bana1124
Helpful | Level 5

Using dropbox.com in your account, go to the folder with the members, click on the members shown on the right. A box will pop-up showing the members and their permissions. There is a drop-down menu for each in which you can change to can edit, can view, make owner, or remove.  It is one by one for each folder and member.

MrRogers83
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for letting us know!

bana1124
Helpful | Level 5
You're welcome!
pixelgravity
Helpful | Level 5

I really miss this feature where I can search for a person and see what content is shared with them and then manage those sharing permissions in one place.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

There are more options about this on our Dropbox for Business plans @pixelgravity - maybe they're more suitable for you?

If you would like to compare all Dropbox plans, please visit dropbox.com/plans. Here you can compare all Individual and Team plans, as well as sign up for the Dropbox plan best suited to fit your needs.  

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions (or feedback) you may have.

Sam R.12
Helpful | Level 5

Yes please add this.  This has been an absolute pain for me for years.

jtjr68su
Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox Team - This is a simple and needed request.  We need to be able to search to see who we have shared folders with, and then change them or delete them.  I am certain Dropbox as a company has an employee leave from time to time.  If you use Dropbox, how do you go and delete them from all the folders and files that have been shared with them?  Its simply unacceptable to have to go file by file folder by folder to find, and then alter.

Please make a change to this!

Thanks.

pixelgravity
Helpful | Level 5

@WalterI understand but I'm using Dropbox as a personal storage, not for business. So I don't need that plan. Are you saying just to get more control over my sharing settings I need to upgrade?

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

64 votes received