cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd love to be able to search the comments made on files

I'd love to be able to search the comments made on files

Carolina W.
New member | Level 1

It would be really helpful to be able to search the comments made on the files.

40 Comments
Marcus D.9
Explorer | Level 4

Amazed that Search does not include file comments. I had a customer go through a few folders of photos and make comments "hashtag" style so I could search on them later. Come to find out, search doesn't include comments. Would strongly recommend implementing this feature, as well as making hashtags live and clickable.

seedie54
New member | Level 2

This really needs to be fixed. Why would I otherwise comment/tag my files? Surely can be fixed, its 2018!

mark2mark
Helpful | Level 7

One plus for that. How can it even be possible to not got this working?

marcoberi
Explorer | Level 3

Not having tags or searchable comments is a huge missing feature. Even more thinking G Drive has it 😕

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey All, 

Thanks for taking the time to help us improve Paper - the ability to search within comments would indeed be a very helpful addition to our pool of features.

I have made sure to pass all of your comments along to the dev team as a feedback.

In the meantime, should you come up with a new idea or feedback, feel free to post it here. 

Cheers!

Toni M.14
New member | Level 2

3 years since the suggestion was made and we still cannot search against tags or comments.  Our company uploads thousands of pictures and each one can fall into muliple categories.  The folder-file system isn't working for us.  Such an effort it will be to move all the photo into another sharable file organizer that provides us with the searchable capabiltiy that we must have.  😞

Gomo
New member | Level 2

Please add this feature! I use Dropbox for saving all my recordings of moments of inspiration. I need a way to tag & search. I was quite surprised to find that the comments aren’t searchable.

EsMarKeyNah
Explorer | Level 3

SO FRUSTRATING!!! No way to search comments, no way to TAG photos. I actually PAY for Dropbox and this simple (and often expected) feature is no where to be seen. SIGH!!! Now I've sent comments on several photos and @mentioned people on them. Can't even search by @mention, so no way to know what I sent or to whom. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard11
New member | Level 2

Same here: Tags and searching through tags and comments urgently needed.

Randall1
Explorer | Level 4

The lack of being able to filter files for ones with just comments was pointed out more than 2 years ago.... has this feature been offerred yet? This would be especially useful for photographers when sharing photos -- sometimes hundreds at a time -- and wanting to know which ones are being commented on.

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

49 votes received