cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed controls in the mobile app for audio and video files

Speed controls in the mobile app for audio and video files

BradenChase
Helpful | Level 5

The fact that I can easily play almost any audio or video file in my iOS is just another reason I've stayed with Dropbox over the past 10 years.

The new feature I'd love to see the ability to do a 2x or 4x speed on the audio/video inside the iOS app. 

This is available on the web interface.

Please oh please put it in the iOS app as well.

Life-changing for audiobooks, webinars, trainings, etc.

Latest Update
Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, this idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Status changed to: Closed
20 Comments
Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hello there @BradenChase - welcome to our Community!

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll make sure to pass this on to the team as a feature request. I won't be able to comment on if or when this might be implemented though.

If you have anything else to add, don't hesitate to reach back out; we're only a post away!

Oh, and keep the creative energy flowing :tools: 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

This idea is going to need a bit more support.

We've updated the status to encourage more users to back you up!

Status changed to: Gathering Support
BradenChase
Helpful | Level 5

I hope we can because it could turn Dropbox into a media player. 🙂

oz_mazz
New member | Level 2

Yes!! I would LOVE this feature: speed control for audio playback in Dropbox for iPhone.
I currently have spent an hour or so researching Dropbox compatible music player apps for iPhone in order to solve this one tiny 'Speed control' feature issue. No luck as yet! I'd rather not have to get yet another app in order to have this feature available... and its already been a frustration & time-consuming searching through other apps & reviews to not find anything suitable as yet & not cost me more money just to be able to speed up the audios listen to.
The Dropbox speed control has been brilliant on my desktop... I just can't fit my desktop in my pocket to take it with me on travels!! 😉 

Rahstyle
Explorer | Level 4

There are currently some simple play speed settings in the embedded player, but having more control would be great. I'd like to see a feature where you could adjust a slider in increments of 5%, to scale the speed down from 100%-50%. Currently, it jumps from 100 to 50; as a musician,  smaller increments would be great.

Rahstyle
Explorer | Level 4

ok thanks! I'll share it among some groups who use it, to get some more support.

sarockarts
New member | Level 2

Please add more play speed controls to browser audio playback. Would allow more flexibility.

bearandrat
New member | Level 2

Yes, it's very inconvenient, especially when you pay for the storage service.

christiandull
Helpful | Level 5

Also need speed controls at android.

christiandull
Helpful | Level 5

It would be great to adjust the playback speed in audios and videos directly in the dropbox app.

This feature is a must in year 2021.

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

31 votes received Status: Closed