cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many docs, folders not cutting it - need top level Spaces/Notesbooks/Projects (something)

Too many docs, folders not cutting it - need top level Spaces/Notesbooks/Projects (something)

andrewcstewart
Explorer | Level 3

I have lots and lots of notes spanning many many topics.  Folders are somewhat helpful for organization, but it would be really nice to have some higher level of separation similar to 'Spaces' in Confluence, or 'Notebooks' in Evernote.  Each 'space' could have its own folder hierarchy, but would isolate its contents from all other spaces in the UI. 

This feature would also open up the possibility of expanding Paper's Templates to collections of documents and folders.

Latest Update
Megan
Dropbox Staff
Thank you for sharing your idea.

We have looked into this, but it is not something we are actively working on at this time. 

We regularly review these ideas, and we will keep you updated if this idea moves forward in the future.
Status changed to: Not for right now
7 Comments
Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, ! I've passed your comments along to the dev team for future consideration, so if you have any other feedback for us, don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Have a wonderful weekend ahead! :grinning:

ademord
Helpful | Level 6

Or Notebooks preferably like in OneNote, I speak for a lot of students.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

The team is working on this idea!

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us and to everyone for supporting it.

We'll update you when we know more!

Status changed to: Accepted
bblu2095
Helpful | Level 7

Very interesting to see the team is working on this idea. Is this meant to be similar to the "Binder" feature that was previewed last year or is this something new?

fs-Robin
Explorer | Level 4

I agree that trying to keep content organized in Paper is difficult.

Tinchohs
Collaborator | Level 10

I absolutely agree with this. I would couple this with a more comprehensive use of #hashtags. You could browse by folder or virtual folders that pull all Paper notes that have a given tag. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Thank you for sharing your idea.

We have looked into this, but it is not something we are actively working on at this time. 

We regularly review these ideas, and we will keep you updated if this idea moves forward in the future.
Status changed to: Not for right now
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

5 votes received Status: Not for right now