cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View/sort photos by location rather than date

View/sort photos by location rather than date

Brian S.33
Helpful | Level 5

I typically take allot of photos as i travel to different jobsites, before i used dropbox to store all of my photos i would select the photo based on the location it was taken in the native iphone app, then upload them to the specific dropbox job folder.  But with the auto upload photo feature that i love, this creates duplicate photos.  One in my job folder, and one in my upload photo folder.  I was hoping there would be a way to organize the photos in the dropbox app in the same way so i would not have to manage the automatic photo upload and duplicate photos.

Latest Update
Nancy
Dropbox Staff

This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Thank you for your suggestion, and if you have another idea to share, please do!

Status changed to: Closed
14 Comments
jjf1000
New member | Level 2

Yes - Dropbox definitely needs this - the old Carousel app used to do this...

Rich
Super User II
No, there isn't a way to do that. Photos in the Dropbox app are only organized by date. I'll move this thread to the feature requests area.
Ben O.
Helpful | Level 6

The Dropbox photos experience is light years behind that provided by iCloud or Google Drive. The photos views allows me to scroll through photos by month and year, which is better than nothing, but I’m not going to remember anything more than a year in the past. When are we going to be able to find photos on a map or filter by attributes like date taken?

Rich
Super User II

Likely never, since Dropbox has, over the the past few years, slowly removed all of the main photos features. Photo management is just not a priority for Dropbox anymore. Storage, yes; management, no.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Hello @Ben O. 

Thank you for your feedback! I will forward it to our team.  The automatic image text recognition could help you locate your pics!

Read about it here: https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product/search-images-text-ocr

Here is also a help center article about this new feature: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/sort-preview/search-content

If you are on a free account, creating folders are the best way to organize your pics. 

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ben O.
Helpful | Level 6

Nice try Fiona, but searching pictures of family, loved ones, and friends by text isn't going to cut it.

I was on a paid account, but I canceled Dropbox and went to a paid subscription with iCloud. 

Being locked into the Apple ecosystem isn't ideal, but Dropbox features are so lacking that I didn't have much choice. 

Apple photos are awesome. If anyone wants a great photo experience and is tired of Dropbox ignoring obvious features that users shouldn't even have to request they should really try it. 

It feels great to be free from Dropbox as well. I was starting to feel like I was getting fleeced by them, especially after the recent price hike for laughable new "features."

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Sorry Dropbox was not matching your needs, at the time. 

We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience in Dropbox Community in any case @Ben O. This is very helpful to us. 

Thank you! Have a nice day!  :coffee:

chri8ive
Explorer | Level 3

Please make this a thing!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

This idea is going to need a bit more support.

We've updated the status to encourage more users to back you up!

Status changed to: Gathering Support
Thatthep
New member | Level 2

After read all comment I feel no hope for this feature.

I'm seriously thinking to alternative service now.

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

11 votes received