cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleTV DropboxApp not Displaying Pictures

AppleTV DropboxApp not Displaying Pictures

Glenn001
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have installed the AppleTV app and synched it up my desktop account using the Activation Code. I get a message indicating that I have successfully activated.  The TV screen then displays the photo directory from my desktop (see pic).  When I try to launch a picture it appears that it's going to load but I then I get a small red error symbol in the bottom left corner (see pic) of the TV screen.   I have tried a number of times and it keeps telling me to re-sync with a new activation code.  Has anyone experienced this?  I can successfully screen mirror using my iPhone Dropbox app, but I would prefer to use the AppleTV  AppATV1.JPGATV2.JPG.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information Glenn - most appreciated!

Did you restart your computer as well by any chance?

If your desktop app is indeed showing 'Up to date', I won't be able to help further I'm afraid.

At this point, it would be better to reach out to the developers of the app you use to connect or mirror your Dropbox Folder to your Apple TV and ask for their direct assistance. 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Glenn001  - sorry to hear about this.

To be honest, I'm not really familiar with the setup you're using. Could you provide some additional information about your current configuration? 

Merely to exclude possible factors that could be causing this now, could you clarify if the desktop app on your computer is up and running at the moment? If so, is it 'Up to date' or still syncing?

Have you tried restarting your device(s) and reconnecting them in an attempt to troubleshoot this visual discrepancy? 

Any additional information will be much appreciated!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Glenn001
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter - Thanks for the quick response.  I am running Windows 10 on my laptop Ver.1803.  My Apple Unit is the latest version.  My TV is set to 1080P.

My Desktop App is up to date.  I rebooted my AppleTV box and I'm still getting the same result.  Glenn

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information Glenn - most appreciated!

Did you restart your computer as well by any chance?

If your desktop app is indeed showing 'Up to date', I won't be able to help further I'm afraid.

At this point, it would be better to reach out to the developers of the app you use to connect or mirror your Dropbox Folder to your Apple TV and ask for their direct assistance. 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

misalo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. I see my files but the app won't actually OPEN the images or other files - I just get a black screen with a small red icon in the bottom left corner. Very frustrating! I was hoping to be able to view a powerpoint presentation on my large format TV prior to the event.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

misalo New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Glenn001 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?