Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Camera Uploads (3 left) Your Dropbox is Full

Level 5

Hi,

I have searched around for a solution to my issue, but no luck.

I seem to have 3 photos that won't upload. It used to be only 1, now it is 3.

I have a Galaxy S8. Latest dropbox app. I have uninstalled dropbox app, turn photos uploads on/off/on. Cleared cache, cleared data.

Some of those steps have kicked it into gear, but then it seems to get stuck again.

I have checked my dropbox space on my account (dropbox.com) and I have over 1 gb left. From a review of the photos (and videos) on my phone and my dropbox, there are no files un-uploaded larger than 1 gb (the missing photos appear to only be photos). I had manually found the missing photos before and manually uploaded them once. But I am back to  3 left again.

Has anyone fixed this before? 

2019-02-01 08.37.13.jpg

9 Replies

Re: Camera Uploads (3 left) Your Dropbox is Full

Dropboxer
Hey there, @jeremyisme

From what I can see from the screenshot you attached, it seems that it’s your camera uploads feature that’s trying to upload photos from your Camera Roll folder, but your account does not have enough space to do so. 

For this reason, please check once again the space you have available in your account and ensure that you’re looking at the same account by cross-checking the email address associated with it on the website and the mobile app. You can do this from the following:
If you are close to your account being full, you can either remove unwanted content and earn space to increase your storage, or, if you don’t want the camera uploads feature to be enabled, you can toggle the setting off. 

Let me know if you’re still having trouble with this or if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Hi Lusll,

Did you read my post? I tried my best to give all the steps I have already taken so I didn't waste people's time.  "I have checked my dropbox space on my account (dropbox.com) and I have over 1 gb left. From a review of the photos (and videos) on my phone and my dropbox, there are no files un-uploaded larger than 1 gb (the missing photos appear to only be photos). "

I have already checked that I have enough space. I checked my free space on dropbox.com (and through the desktop app, and through the android app) which all report that I have over 1 gb of free space. I have no photos/videos on my phone that are even close to 1gb, so there should be more than enough free space to upload these stuck photos.
When I take new photos on my camera, they upload fine, but then it goes back to the same error message.

If I uninstall and reinstall the android app it sometimes gets the stuck photos uploaded. But this isn't a good fix for the problem.

Dropboxer
Hey again, @jeremyisme

In order to further investigate on this then, I’d recommend continuing this discussion via email. For this reason, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

I seem to have exactly the same issue (7 files left to upload; the photos tab of the app saying "Your Dropbox is full", while the menu says I've only used 72.4% of my allowance).  If you manage to get to the bottom of it, can you please post a solution for the rest of us?

Thanks in advance.

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @petehobo

As a first step, could you please check if the space left available in your Dropbox account is enough for the photos in question? 

If it is, could you please let me know if the photos upload by either connecting to a different Wi-Fi or through data? Finally, could you ensure that background uploading for your camera uploads is enabled?

Let me know what you find! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

Level 5

Hi all,

I have been troubleshooting this with Lusil via email. However, we haven't found anything that fully fixed the issue.

I did end up getting all the stuck photos uploaded by toggling camera uploads off (then completly closing the dropbox app), then on restarting dropbox prompts to turn on camera uploads which I accept. It will then upload, get stuck on the remaining and go through the process again.

So no actual fix. There didn't seem to be anything special about the stuck photos that Lusil could point out.

Hopefully this gets a permanent fix in a future update.

Level 4

Sorry Lusil - your response got marked as spam, and I only just saw it.

To answer your first question, I'm not sure.  I'd assume so - most of my photos are 1-2MB in size, and I have close to 1GB free.  But unless there's an easy way of knowing which files haven't uploaded (I can't manually check - there are over 1,000 photos), I can't be sure.  I can't seem to sort the Camera Uploads folder by size (only name or date), and if I tap the "Camera uploads (7 left)"/"Your Dropbox is full" message I'm taken to an upgrade page.

The files don't upload on cell data, or on a different WiFi (they don't upload at work, though I guess the domain could be blocked).  Background uploading is enabled.

Cheers,

Pete

Level 4

Hi Lusil,

Further to my last message, if I go into the "Camera Uploads" folder and use the checkbox to select all the files, it says 1,165 selected.  That matches the count on my PC (1,166, including the .dropbox file).  So presumably the files it's failing to upload aren't going to be found anywhere in my dropbox account - is that right?  How can I track them down?

Dropboxer
Thanks for the detailed reply here, @petehobo

You’d have to manually check and compare, but nonetheless, I’d recommend continuing this via email so as to have a more in-depth look into this together. I’ve contacted you directly at the email address connected to your Forum’s profile, so please have check your inbox for my message. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! upside-down face

Lusil

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Camera Uploads (3 left) Your Dropbox is Full
9 Replies
2 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post