cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Can no longer download my personal files: "There was an error downloading your file".

Level 3

Can no longer download my personla files,...  had a temporary issue with payment, but was resolved quickly

There was an error downloading your file.

6 Replies

Re: Can no longer download my personal files

Super User II

Try again shortly, or, in smaller batches. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

there was an error downloading your file

Level 4

i look after solution in the forum, w/o results. Please, it is urgent for me. Thanks

Tags (1)

Re: there was an error downloading your file

Super User II

Try clearing cache/temporary internet files and see if that helps, or, try a different browser.

If the file is large download it instead via the desktop client; www.dropbox.com/downloading

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 3

I am only downloading 1 file,... still same error off course

Super User II

What about downloading and using the desktop software: www.dropbox.com/downloading

Dropboxer
Hey there (@NikoDheedene), following your comment here, I ran a search on my end on our system & I’ve located your open discussion with my colleague there. I’ve included a note of your comments here on your ongoing correspondence, so as to have all relevant info on the same email chain. Please include any follow-up inquiries you may have there, as they have direct access to your account details on our tools & they can further address your concern in a bit more depth.

From there (@duvetl), can you let us know whether you've made any progress on this on your end? 

I'm always here should you have more questions or you’d like to share your thoughts. Thanks in advance for all the time you’re devoting to work on that this with us!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can no longer download my personal files: "There was an error downloading your file".
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post