Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Can no longer sync/upload

Level 5

Hello all,

About 3 days ago Dropbox stopped syncing files, although tiny ones still seem to get uploaded (the icon alternates between gray state, and sync state). However I've been unsuccessful uploading a 100 Mb file for days now (both via the desktop app, and web browser interface). I disabled my firewall, but no change. I also checked with my ISP but they say nothing has changed, or is wrong, at their end.

dropbox upload error.jpgupload error

I still have lots of space (211 GB of 1 TB used), so that's not the issue either. I'm running version 71.4.108.

As part of this, I also cannot connect to https://dl-web.dropbox.com/ in order to download the installer to try a fresh install. "The connection has timed out. The server at dl-web.dropbox.com is taking too long to respond".

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

8 Replies

Re: Can no longer sync/upload

Dropboxer

Hey there @bwhm00  - sorry to hear about this. 

Could you please try clearing your browser's cache, an incognito window and/or a completely different browser with no extensions or plugins running and let me know if you notice the same behavior?

Let me know here if you do and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Hello 

I was having the same problem as OP on 4 different computers (3 pcs running windows 10 and 1 mbp). Spoke with my ISP as well and they said it was not on their end too.  I could not connec to www.dropbox.com and the app would not sync

I did all the options you mentioned used 3 different browser.   incognito window  as well as clearing the cache.
The only thing that worked for a few mins was changing my dns server. then it lost connection again.

All this to say at 9:27 am EST it just randomly reconnected and started syncing after beening unable to sync since Saturday the 4th......Now it's gone again. it seems to be connecting and reconneting every 30 seconds or so.

Something must have changed on dropbox's side and was only just corrected.

Thanks

Level 5

Hi Walter,

I was planning to try your solution,  but when I arrived home I noticed that Dropbox had somehow started to sync again, and files that I worked on at another computer have been uploaded to this one. The image file has also uploaded, and I can also now connect to the download website. I didn't change a thing, although I just happened to use another computer connected to my account.  As TomDis mentioned below, maybe it was something on Dropbox's end that has now been fixed. For now, everthing seems to be back to normal.

Thanks.

Level 5

Hi Tom, it may have been something at Dropbox's end. This computer is now syncing perfectly without having changed a thing.

Dropboxer

Thanks for your updates guys ( @bwhm00 & @TomDis ) - most appreciated. 

Merely checking here now, are all of our services back up and running for you now? 

We had some similar reports from Canadian users yesterday - could this be the case for you as well? 

In any case, thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 5

Confirming everything is working fine now (and I am indeed in Canada). Thanks.

Level 5

Working for me too.

I also live in Canada.

Dropboxer

Glad to hear this seems to be resolved now guys - thanks for looping me in!

Should you ever come up with a question (or issue), please feel free to reach out. 

In the meantime, thanks for using Dropbox and have a lovely day/night ahead!

Walter

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can no longer sync/upload
8 Replies
4 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post