Level 2

Can't acces dropbox

I've problems starting dropbox and uploading files

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Can't acces dropbox

The Dropbox issues have been resolved, but the status page is still broken.

8 Replies
Super User II

You need to provide more information about the problem before anyone will be able to assist you. How are you using Dropbox; through the folder on your computer or the Dropbox website? What problem are you having? Is there an error message? etc. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to determine the problem.

Level 2

I use Dropbox on a Mac with folders and webbased.

I don't synchronise every folder to save space on my HD.

The errot I receive is that the webbased dropbox opens to slow http error 504.

Super User II

It seems there's an issue on the Dropbox website at the moment. The Dev team is working on it.

Level 2

Okay, thanks.

Level 4

The worrying thing is, Dropbox Support took nearly 2 hours to respond on twitter, and the seperately hosted Status Page they are pointing people to has now been set to Private.

https://status.dropbox.com  immediately redirects to
https://dropboxpublic.statuspage.io/private-only?page=t34htyd6jblf which says:

"Private Status Page
This is a private status page and authentication options haven't been set up yet. Have your page administrator configure the page's privacy options or, if you're a team member, sign in with your team account to view the page."

This is quite alarming, given that the two systems are run by different companies. I'm not filled with confidence about this.

Solution
Super User II

The Dropbox issues have been resolved, but the status page is still broken.

Dropboxer

Hey 

We've experienced a temporary issue on our end that may have affected your access. Everything should be back to normal now. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and we've taken measures to ensure this particular issue won't arise again.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Super User II

Jane.... not meaning to be daft here, but, that post was made well before yours so why bother restating what somebody has already said - that the issues are resolved?!

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!