Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't preview pptx files

4 Comments
0 Kudos
Level 3

Can't preview pptx files

Hello,

I've just noticed one week ago I am not able to preview some pptx files (lectures for my students) on my iPad and on my iPhone, from the Dropbox app.

I started my lectures last week, on Wednesday. I’ve noticed the problem the next day, after I edited and updated one of the presentations in the Dropbox folder on my Mac. I haven’t previewed these lectures on my iPad since June 2016.

Trying to preview one of these lectures on my iPad, I noticed I was not able to open the document. Everytime I tried, I got this message: "? Couldn't Load File Internet Connection Lost"!

All other files can be previewed!

I deleted and re-downloaded the Dropbox IOS app on my iPad. No positive outcomes! The same message appears on the screen, after a long delay.

Any suggestions how this problem could be fixed?

Best regards,

Sever

4 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Can't preview pptx files

Try and see if the files can't be previewed on the Dropbox website because they are too large.

You can find the up to date size limits in our Help Center:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/6

If that doesn't help try to open the files from within desktop client so that we can establish if the files are corrupt.

Level 3

Thanks for your reply!

The biggest .pptx file is 104,1 MB, so it's not too large.

Files can be opened on my Mac, in the Dropbox folder. I've just edited them. The problem is I am not able to preview them on my IOS devices.

How can I find if a file is corrupt?

And what can be done in this situation?

Best regards,

Sever

Level 2

Try copying it and open with PowerPoint

Level 3

Thanks for your reply!

In the meantime I solved the problem. I switched to another cloud service!

Best regards,

Sever