cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

Cant updated to new shared workspace

Level 2

I just recently upgraded by free dropbox to a shared workspace business account. I am trying to sync a computer to the account. It keeps saying:

Your account can't be updated to the new ---- shared workspace. To continue syncing your Dropbox account, Close the following files or folders;

C\Users\Owner 2\Dropbox\PeachTree

When I check the Details box. It says:

Couldn't rename C:\Users\Owner 2\Dropbox\PeachTree

The PeachTree application is not open. It does not show as open in the Task Manager. I don't see it open on my task bar. I dont know what to do to solve this issue

14 Replies

Re: Cant updated to new shared workspace

Dropboxer
Hey there (@reapp), thanks for choosing Dropbox & checking in with us on our Community, I’ll do my best to follow-up on your request! 

Now, if I were in your shoes, I’d try unlinking & relinking my account to my desktop once (as it recreates the local database) & reboot once & see if this amends the behavior. 

If this persists for you, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the error message you’re getting in your next post here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.

You may give my suggestion a go whenever you find some spare time & please do let me know how you get on with that on this conversation here. Thanks & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I unlinked and then logged in again in dropbox. Got this message, which is the message I have getting all along. As far as I can determine, Peach Tree is closed. I dont see it on the screen, the taskbar, and in task manager. I have reviewed open files in task manager and I believe nothing associated with Peach Tree is open. Done know how to solve this issue

Dropboxer
Hey there (@reapp), please accept my apologies for the tardy reply on my end. As I’d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Happy New Year & thanks in advance for taking the time to work on that with me! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 2

I am having the same problem.  Any solutions?

Dropboxer
Hey there (@skk2), thanks for checking in with us on this discussion. Rest assured that I’m here to follow-up with you & help you on that as much as possible! 

Now just as an initial point of reference, can you let me know if you’re seeing the same error as the OP or a different one, in order to further advise you on how to proceed on the matter (eg. are you using the same application/ have you tried any of the advice I posted above)

Any detail you could include on this discussion here would be very helpful & thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me. I’ll be awaiting your next reply & I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane

Level 2

I am also having this same sync issue.  Telling me to close Windows Explorer application and try again.  This app is closed yet still will not update.

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Kathy2019), have you tried unlinking & relinking by any chance? Also, would you mind posting us a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing in your next post here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening?

Once I have this info, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Have a wonderful day ahead until we talk again! 

Jane

Level 3

Same issue here. Has this been resolved?

Level 3

WARNING: 

Jane- your advice above to unlink/relink only compounded my issues.  When I unlinked my computer (which had previously been running with my personal dropbox account), I needed to reinstall the dropbox app in order for dropbox to begin working again. However, when I reinstalled the app, my business dropbox loaded, triggering duplicate download of all of my files into a new dropbox business folder. Complete disaster. 1TB of data is now redownloading and thousands of links to files in software like ArcGis are broken.  User beware. I would highly recommend waiting until an actual "solution" is created for this issue.  This is a giant headache.

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Cant updated to new shared workspace
More about this post
14 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post