cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Certificate Error?(SSL security error)

Expired Certificate Error?(SSL security error)

sydunipete
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, My website links to some files I have stored in DropBox using the public URL feature. Today I am getting an SSL security error. Certificate details shows the *.dropbox.com certificate has expired. Can you update it please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to log a ticket to get a response, however, I suspect the issue is relating to (what looks like) an issue to do with public link certificates.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

MeAmEye
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just recently I get "security certificate" erorrs when i try and acess my public fiules form https. Dose anyone know what is going on and how to fix it.. I have tried Chrome, FireFox and Opera.. all give the same error

"The owner of dl.dropboxusercontent.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website." (This is the FireFox Message)

"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from dl.dropboxusercontent.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards)." (This is the Chrome Version of the Error)

Any idea what is going on and how to fix? I have been using Dropbox for years no problem, this started recently.

I have also reinstalled it with a newest version to try and fix.. I'm using Windows 10.

Prue
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I just found out that the public link of images in public folders stop working yesterday.

The public link start with: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

All images I inserted on the webpages are using public links provided by dropbox and now all of them are crossed out.

If I paste the link on google chrome then click 'enter', it will show a message as below:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from dl.dropboxusercontent.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

Or on Microsoft Edge:

Certificate error: Navigation blocked
There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate
This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Can anyone pass on this message to the admin team and reinstate the certification?

Thank you very much!

stomick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi all,

I use a HTML signature for my email, with an embedded link to my logo stored in my Dropbox account.

This morning the link stopped working, and my email signature shows the 'missing image' icon (on Mac, a blue square frame with a '?' in the centre).

My logo image is still in the same location in my Dropbox filing.

Entering the link address into a browser shows my logo image.

The issue persists over every internet connection I have tried, and on different devices (Mac OS and iOS). No software has been updated since this was last working either.

I did some Googling and discovered other examples of embedded links to Dropbox images on the web whicah are also failing. For example this site which is a tutorial for embedding Dropbox images and uses an example of an embedded image which is now not appearing on the web page, despite being visible if the address for the image is entered directly into a browser address bar.

Has something just changed with the way Dropbox deals with image links?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Prue
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I store numerous photos in my public folder and inserted them on webpage. Now all of them are crossed out.

Their links starts with https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/

I used to inserted these images by 'copy public link' and attach link on image inesert function, then these photos will show up without any problem.

Now none of them shows properly. Even when I paste their link on a brower, it will show up that "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/" this website is not certified and not allow me to continue viewing it.

On chrom, it says:

"Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from dl.dropboxusercontent.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy"

On Microsoft Edge, it says:

"Certificate error: Navigation blocked
There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate
This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately."

Could some one in the Dropbox team pass on this message and reinstate the certification?

Thank you very much.

langshipley
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having problems with me seeing images that I am loading into my blog posts as public images.

Example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qntzastm9xnx83n/Greek%20Tycoon%27s%20Mistletoe%20Proposal%20blur...

in this blog post: http://deannasworld1.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/manview-greek-tycoons-mistletoe-proposal.html

When I click on the blog post, I do not see the images - I have tried it in 3 different browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Edge. 

This is what I see: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r631/langshipley/2016-12-14%2013.21.20_zps06ao0xrj.png

However, when I have asked other people to check the link to the post, the images all show up for them.

Can you please tell me why the images are showing up for them but not for me? And I need to see the images the most considering I need to check and make sure the post looks ok. 

Please help.

I am happy to provide more information, if I have not been clear.

Regards, Deanna.

stomick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Update: The issue appears to have resolved itself for my email signature and the embedded images I found missing on the web...
I suspect the same issue was the problem for langshipley with the forum post "Public images not loading in my browser".
Any comment from Dropbox?

stomick
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Deanna, I had a similar problem with embedded/linked images from Dropbox not appearing earlier today (see my forum post "Embedded links broken?"), but it has since been resolved. Not sure how - just started working again. Is your problem persisting?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to log a ticket to get a response, however, I suspect the issue is relating to (what looks like) an issue to do with public link certificates.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    stomick Explorer | Level 3
    langshipley Collaborator | Level 9
    Prue New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?