cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Downloads are stopping after a couple of minutes

Download fails at 315mb every time

PatrickF
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have uploaded 10 1GB  files. When people (including me) try to download them they fail at 315mb, every time. Why is this happening?

77 Replies 77

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have found that once it stalls, if i then hit resume in the download the file picks up again. Anyone else able to replicate that?Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 11.42.44.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-09 at 11.48.57.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-09 at 11.49.59.png

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The resumed download failed again at 628mb, so 314mb in, so it is limiting downloads to 314mb

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 12.09.42.png

Justin P.2
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I'm a very longtime Dropbox user, and rarely have an issue. However, in the last few weeks, I've had some cleints of mine try to download some larger zip files (between 500MB and 2GB usually) who tell me that they are having issues downloading the files.

Sometimes there is a language barrier so it's hard to know for sure, but it sounds like the downloads never finish or time out. 

Normally I would call this an end user problem related to their ISP but more and more clients are reporting this issue so I'm wondering if there is an issue on the Dropbox server side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

KIPD wrote:

The download strarted but after a couple of minutes it stops and never start again. It hangs completly.

Do you happen to know how much of the file has downloaded when it hangs? There's another issue posted on the forums with downloads stopping at a certain file size. If this is the same issue, I'll merge your post into that thread.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Justin P.2 wrote:

I'm a very longtime Dropbox user, and rarely have an issue. However, in the last few weeks, I've had some cleints of mine try to download some larger zip files (between 500MB and 2GB usually) who tell me that they are having issues downloading the files.

There seems to be an issue with downloads stopping at about the 315MB mark. Does this seem about right for your clients? If so, I'll merge this thread into the larger one which discusses that issue.

Justin P.2
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Yes! One client specifically said it keeps stopping at 314MB. The weird thing is that it's not for all my cleints. Some are downloading larger files with no problems.

Unfortunately, I don't have the computer/browser specs of all my clients.

Let's hope it can be resolved soon.

Justin

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Can I just say again, this is an issue, dropbox know it's an issue. I have been talking to them via email and they commented on facebook. They have a link to this thread.. This is a paid service, and those of us that use dropbox for our business are suffering, 3 weeks on and still no official word. NOT ON!

Many people are having this issue, across browsers and computers, some files over 314mb stall, throw a network error message and never pick up again!

KIPD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Of course I tried both of my problem download links. The first one stopped at about 50% and a file size from about 371MB the second one now proceed successfully.

BTW: The first one (50% and 350MB) shows me now an Error "Network-Error" but the second one is still downloading and finished the download later. 

as I could remember, the second one (which now has downloaded probably), stopped at the same file size from about 371MB.

Layitfar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello.
I'm having the recurring problem when trying to share various files (archived zip. folders) above 300 MB via the Public folder and the individual link.

The files simply fail to be downloaded by all the recepients and myself included. The files below 300 MB are downloaded as normal.

80% of the dropbox is used.

What seams to be the problem? Please advise!
Thanks

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Layitfar wrote:

I'm having the recurring problem when trying to share various files (archived zip. folders) above 300 MB via the Public folder and the individual link.

The files simply fail to be downloaded by all the recepients and myself included. The files below 300 MB are downloaded as normal.

There appears to be an ongoing issue with this. I'm merging this thread into the larger discussion that's already taking place.

Need more support?