cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uploaded files above 300 MB fail to be downloaded

Download fails at 315mb every time

PatrickF
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have uploaded 10 1GB  files. When people (including me) try to download them they fail at 315mb, every time. Why is this happening?

77 Replies 77

Layitfar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks. Waiting for the solution!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I've just spoken with a contact within Dropbox and they tell me that this is a known bug and that they're currently working on a solution. I'll post more if and when I get it.

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution
Hi Dropbox Community!

We're really sorry for the difficulties you're encountering.
As Rich was saying in the previous message, this is a bug and we're working hard to fix it as soon as possible.

We'll keep you posted when we have more updates.

Have a nice day!

Justin P.2
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Thanks. I'm glad that this is now known issue and being addressed. At first I thought it was my client user error or computer/ISP issues but it kept happening for both US and international clients of mine.

I send lots of larger files so it's starting to impact my workflow and time because when there is an issue, I have to resend the larger files via WeTransfer and then things start to become scattered.

ManMadeMan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
That's great news, thank you Laureline.

JamesC1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

JamesC1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Any news on this?

Justin P.2
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution
I'm still having clients with issues regarding this. Not all clients but some.

veromasa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having this issue and it downloads up to 315 and then stops!

Mayo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello there,

I'm trying to download to my computer a a file of aprox. 3GB that was shared with me. I have a free Dropbox account. Every time I try to dowload, it starts and the stops after about 312MB. Can you please help me resove this? Do I need to upgrade to a paid account? I get no message and my computers shows the file as completed but it's just a fraction of the complete file...

Thanks a lot! 

Need more support?