Hello! I could finally install the new version...
The thing was tha I had a twin folder in the app temp files (I am from Argentina so my English is not so good, but I will try to explain how I solved it)
Someone from suport gave me this steps:
1) Quit Dropbox:
- Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel, and select "Quit Dropbox".
2) Uninstall Dropbox:
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left of your screen, and select Control Panel (Vista, 7, XP), or type Control Panel at the Start screen or start menu, and click on it (10, .
- Click "Uninstall a Program" (Vista, 7, 8, 10) or "Add or Remove Programs" (XP).
- Select Dropbox from the list of programs and click "Uninstall".
Or follow the steps outlined in our Help Center article:
3) When the uninstall finishes, please reboot your computer to ensure that it is complete.
4) Delete the Dropbox metadata folder:
- Open a Windows File Explorer (not Internet Explorer).
- Type %LOCALAPPDATA% into the address bar (include the % percent signs).
- Delete the folder "Dropbox" from the results.
- If you cannot find a Dropbox folder inside %LOCALAPPDATA%, please go to %APPDATA% instead, and delete the Dropbox folder there.
But I did BOTH thing %LOCALAPPDATA% AND %APPDATA%, SURPRISE, I HAD 2 DROPBOX FOLDERS I DELETED BOTH...
Please note that deleting the metadata folder will not delete the files in your Dropbox folder. (I ALREADY DID THAT BEFORE, UPS!)
5) Download and install the newest version of Dropbox by visiting the following website:
6) When Dropbox has finished installing, please apply any Selective Sync settings you may have had prior to the reinstall. Your account will take a few moments to reindex the files and sync any pending changes.
FINALLY I COULD INSTALL THE NEW VERSION NO PROBLEM! I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU TOO...
Thank you so much for posting the steps here Ana, it will help many other people
Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
Thank you Ana G.
1. Uninstall Dropbox
2. Delete Dropbox folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%
3. Delete Dropbox folder in %APPDATA%
4. Install new Dropbox installer as Admin
5. Login & Enjoy
Just for reference, I did not need to reboot at any of those steps.
I get the following error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 630, in boot_error
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 4390, in get_dropbox_path
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_dropbox_path'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 4698, in main_startup
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 1848, in run
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 875, in startup_low
File "dropbox\client\multiaccount\instance_database.pyo", line 842, in __init__
File "dropbox\client\mapreduce.pyo", line 59, in __init__
File "dropbox\client\mapreduce.pyo", line 105, in new_user_key
File "dropbox\keystore\keystore_win32.pyo", line 73, in store_versioned_key
File "dropbox\keystore\keystore_win32.pyo", line 94, in _store_versioned_key
KeystoreRegKeyError: Failed to create keystore regkey!
Please see the following Help Center article for instructions on how to fix this issue:
Thx for the quick reply.
I had KS folder 0-10, deleted them all, and now its working
Had to give my user permission to each folder in regedit before i could delete them thou
I am having the same issue. It started over a month ago and I am not sure what caused the error to start appearing. It comes up as soon as the Mac I am using begins to spin up all of the launch programs.