Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox says system time is wrong but it isn't

Level 2
Hi everyone, on my laptop dropbox says after start that it could not provide a secure connection because the system time of my laptop is wrong. I had checked the system time and the time zone (Europe standard) and everything seams to be correct. What can I do next?
Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Dropbox says system time is wrong but it isn't

Dropboxer
Hey there (@hjg55), thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community, let me send you some tips to help you get going with that & we’ll take it based on the results you’re getting on your end.  

If I were in your shoes, I’d unlink once & relink as a first troubleshooting step & see if this amends the behavior. From there, can you have a look at your syncing icons after relinking Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark? Do they appear as expected?  

If this persists, I’d recommend re-installing our app (& you can reference the steps outlined below to get going with that)

Spoiler
  • Stop Dropbox (If needed) by clicking the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen. >Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel and select "Quit Dropbox".
  • Uninstall Dropbox: [Note: If Dropbox was installed by a Windows administrator in Program Files, you will need admin permissions to remove the application.]> Click on the Start button on the bottom left of your screen, and select "ControlPanel" (Windows 7), or type Control Panel at the Start screen or start menu, and click on it (Windows 10, 8 ).> Click "Uninstall a Program". >Select Dropbox from the list of programs and click "Uninstall".
  • When the uninstall finishes, reboot your computer. This will make sure the uninstall is complete.  

(Note: I’m sending you the insructions for a Windows device, though please let me know if you’re working n a Mac & I’ll make sure to modify my reply.)

You may give my suggestion a go whenever you find some spare time & please do let me know how you get on with that on this discussion here. Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox says system time is wrong but it isn't
1 Reply
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post