cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox via a browser - keep getting logged out

Dropbox via a browser - keep getting logged out

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I go to my Dropbox via Chrome multiple times a day. Each time it says my session has expired and I need to log in. I do that and get the email that there was a new login. I answer Yes on that. Still, the next time I go back to Dropbox (1/2 hour later), it's expired.

Any reason. I used to be able to stay logged in for days at a time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I tried this and it works fine in FireFox. I tried various tests like using Dropbox in a tab and closing the tab and also leaving a tab open but going to another site and later going back. All worked.

Funny thing, Chrome seems to be working now too. Will continue testing.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files? Cookies/files etc.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I tried that and it does not solve it. Still get expired session.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

When you sign in, is the Remember me option checked?

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes, it is.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @nydepot, have you also by any chance tried to see if this happens in another browser, incognito, and made sure you’re not running any browser extensions in the mean time? :thinking:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I tried this and it works fine in FireFox. I tried various tests like using Dropbox in a tab and closing the tab and also leaving a tab open but going to another site and later going back. All worked.

Funny thing, Chrome seems to be working now too. Will continue testing.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved, @nydepot

If the issue seems to persist or you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us. :wink:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's back but I've given up. I just keep logging in. I prefer Chrome and don't want to use FireFox.

Someone marked this as fixed because Chrome was working for a while. But it's not really fixed. As an IT professional, I would never mark a ticket fixed without proof everything is working as expected.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @nydepotInitially, I’ve removed the “marked as solution” since you mention that the issue is reoccurring for you. 

Second, could it be by any chance that you are part of a Dropbox Business team? In this case, could it be that the admin of the team has enabled web session control? To check out what plan you’re currently on, check out your Plan tab under your Settings via the Dropbox website

If this is not the case, let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nydepot Helpful | Level 6
    bfree New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?