cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 attempting to access shared files

Error 500 attempting to access shared files

agee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I signed in to see a shared file and I get the Error 500

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

I cleared cache and also tried incognito mode (using Chrome.)

I've accessed one of these files before without a problem. The other one is brand new. I only have 2 shared files. The problem just started.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for confirming that for me, @agee

In order to further investigate, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile due to account-specific info that’s required on the matter. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @agee

First of all, thanks for carrying out some initial troubleshooting steps (awesome work!) but could you please clarify for me if you’ve also tried another browser by any chance? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

agee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have tried in Edge browser with same result.

I could note that the two shared files were shared with my other email address (not associated with my account). I clicked the link that said to share it with my account. That worked the previous time, when I got the first file. Both files are showing up in my account but I'm getting the 500 Error when I click either of them.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the description here, @agee

Just to clarify, are the files in questions individual shared files, shared with you via a shared link, or are they within a shared folder? If they are in a shared folder, are you able to download them locally and open them? Could you also let me know the file types in question?

Thanks again! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

BuyiswaPhakathi
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Also having the same issue with 4 shared files that I've always been able to access before.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you also confirm that you’ve tried switching to another browser or incognito too? Also, are these files in a shared folder or individually shared with you? Are you able to download them and access them locally? Finally, if you’re getting an error as well (be it the same or different), could you send me a screenshot of it (omitting personal info)?

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

agee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi @Lusil, They are individual shared files. They are not in a folder. File type is mp4.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for confirming that for me, @agee

In order to further investigate, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile due to account-specific info that’s required on the matter. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there fellas (@BuyiswaPhakathi & @agee) - just following up on this one as I was wondering if you managed to resolve your concern(s) in the end and if so, what was the process you followed.

Thanks in advance!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BuyiswaPhakathi
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi there.

Nope..never resolved it. Ended up asking for the folder to be put in another shared drive.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BuyiswaPhakathi Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    agee Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?