cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 500 when clicking on shared link

Error 500 when clicking on shared link

RP3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Trying to access a shared file. Receiving 500 error.

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

We have cleared cache, tried different browsers, re-uploaded and reshared the file. Not working in Firefox or Chrome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this behavior @Espa & thanks a lot for letting me know of the steps you’ve followed on this discussion here! 

It’s my understanding that you’ve already tried loading your shared link through an incognito window & cleared your browser’s cached items, so in order to move forward on the matter I’ve already made sure to reach out to you on my end. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you get a chance & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on our email correspondence. Thanks for getting in touch on our Community!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @RP3, as you’ve mentioned that you’ve already tried some initial troubleshooting on your own, let me have a closer look on your setup through our Official channel. In order to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks for reaching out on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Espa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jane, we are having exactly the same issue as the user above with the same error message.  Tried all the things, no deal.  We can still access our folders directly, but cannot click through via notifications which is a major headache for tracking new uploads and comments! If you can help us too that would be great! Thank you.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this behavior @Espa & thanks a lot for letting me know of the steps you’ve followed on this discussion here! 

It’s my understanding that you’ve already tried loading your shared link through an incognito window & cleared your browser’s cached items, so in order to move forward on the matter I’ve already made sure to reach out to you on my end. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you get a chance & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on our email correspondence. Thanks for getting in touch on our Community!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

ChristianEnengl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello.

I have the same problem when I try to click a shared mail-link from my customer, to get access to their business-data. So I can´t start working on this project. Of cause I have also done all the tests with delete-cookies, browser-restart, notebook-restart, check other browsers (edge, chrome) ... but nothing works.

Please help me.

Warmly, Christian

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Christian (@ChristianEnengl), as I’ve located your open support request on our system & I can see that you’re in an open discussion with my colleague there, let me re-direct you to this correspondence, as my coworker can access your account specifics directly on our tools. I’ve also made sure to include a copy of your comments there, in order to gather all relevant details in one email chain. 

I hope that this gets resolved soon for you & I’m always here in case you’d need further assistance in any way. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & have a fruitful week ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?