cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error downloading folder through web client

Error downloading folder through web client

Daniel K.61
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm trying to download a large folder through the web client. After I click download I'm prompted to save a small file called unspecified.htm, which saves and then nothing else happens. I'm sure I've used this feature successfully before. Any idea what's happening?

I've tried both download methods - click the folder and click download at the top, and right click. I can download individual files successfully.

Tried Mozilla Firefox & Chrome, Windows 10.

103 Replies 103

Info M.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hmm... on the end  seems the best is idependend win/linux server in the cloud wich is  internmediate part between backup providers..?

Info M.1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

omg sync dot com is really pricing competitive.. Hope it restore better too..

tom b.34
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Me too- it's not normal.

If you can't download large folders via web client then you should be getting a pop up alerting you to this fact when you attempt to do so.

Unless someone at DB has dropped the ball of course 😉

I'm also not happy about being locked out of my account when someone I share with dumps a load of files on me without regard for the way DB works.

Can't blame my Shared folks- they're not IT savvy, but I'd expect better of DB programmers.

AhmedShatla
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solved : i face the same problem  , but when change my IP to  USA IP  by vpn extention  ,it worked pushing any download button .(i used 'Hoxx' vpn  extension for chrome ). try USA ip if not work try another one

Need more support?