Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
JQ_
Level 4

Getting Error (500) directly after signing in

Like the title says, I get a server-side error (500) directly after logging in on dropbox.com. I've tried different browsers to no avail. The status page does not hint at anything out of the ordinary. Any idea what gives? And when the login might work again?

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: Getting Error (500) directly after signing in

Hey there (@JQ_), does this persist for you through an incognito/private browsing window? Can you try loading your account online once without any extensions running & see if that amends the behavior? As an additional step, would you mind clearing your browser's cache & see if this does the trick for you this time? 

Once you do, please do let me know of the outcome & I’ll do my best to check back with you on this discussion. Thanks for taking a bit of your time to try my suggestions & I’ll be awaiting your next update here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

3 Replies
Dropboxer

Hey there (@JQ_), does this persist for you through an incognito/private browsing window? Can you try loading your account online once without any extensions running & see if that amends the behavior? As an additional step, would you mind clearing your browser's cache & see if this does the trick for you this time? 

Once you do, please do let me know of the outcome & I’ll do my best to check back with you on this discussion. Thanks for taking a bit of your time to try my suggestions & I’ll be awaiting your next update here!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

JQ_
Level 4

Thanks for getting back to me on such short notice, Jane. I just tried signing in with Firefox in safe mode and I'm getting through all right this time. After switching back and enabling add ons again the sign in process also doesn't throw any issues. So, whatever was happening earlier on seems to have been resolved in the mean time. Thanks anyway!

Dropboxer

Perfect @JQ_, happy to hear it’s sorted for you now & thanks a lot for circling back to me on the progress!

We’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future, so don't hesitate to reach back out here at any time. Again, thanks for posting your question on our Community & I'm wishing you a lovely week ahead! 😊

Jane

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Error messages.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post