Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I am getting an error that I don't have access to the content. Any ideas?

Level 3

When I login and try to download pictures from someone elses link it states that access is required by the user? I've already veiwed these documents and it just stopped allowing me to do so? The user being my own account?

3 Replies

Level 3

Request access you do not have acces to this content. You're signed in as ..........then has my email listed. I've alread vielwed the file fromt he person that has sent me the link prviously. Now this error comes up whn I log into my own account.

Re: I am getting an error that I don't have access to the content. Any ideas?

Super User II

@wendymoffat wrote:

I've alread vielwed the file fromt he person that has sent me the link prviously. Now this error comes up whn I log into my own account.

Does your own account use the same email address that the original content was sent to? If not, that's the problem. The owner of the files shared them to a specific email address, and you're trying to access them using a different address. You can't do that.

You'll need to contact the owner of hte content and ask them to share it to your other email address.

Re: I am getting an error that I don't have access to the content. Any ideas?

Level 3

No it's the same email address

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post