Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I connected Dropbox & Holvi, which caused me a Permission Denied error for a .tjsys file. Why?

Level 3

Hello

Dropbox tries to download and sync system.tjsys file and says that permission is denied. I think that I have not put any system.tjsys into my Dropbox.

I yesterday loaded Holvi.com files into my Dropbox. Holvi.com made Apps folder in my Dropbox and  added folder Holvi in Apps. Now Dropbox has synced the Holvi files into my computer and tries to sync system.tjsys.

What must I do?

2 Replies

Re: Syncing system.tjsys

Super User II

When you connect an app to your Dropbox account, such as Holvi, it creates an app folder in your Dropbox to store its data. That folder will sync to your computer just like any other file or folder in your account. The system.tjsys file is likely part of the Holvi app, so while you didn't place it in your Dropbox, the app did.

When a file is trying to sync and you receive a permission denied, it could be because that file is in use by another application. Dropbox cannot sync files that are in use. Close the application using the file and see if Dropbox will sync it. It will likely take a few minutes after closing the app for the file to be released and available to sync again.

Re: Syncing system.tjsys

Level 3

Thank you very much. I tried to close the Holvi app, but it didn't help right away.  After a couple of days it however stopped syncing. I don't know if syncing is needed.

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I connected Dropbox & Holvi, which caused me a Permission Denied error for a .tjsys file. Why?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post