Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I have an issue with sharing files. Can you help?

Level 2

I work for years with Dropbox and lately I got problems sharing files and docs with others. I always get the message 'there was a problem completing this request'. 

I can still work on docs I shared before but I cannot share new files and docs.

I tried on safari (versions 12.0.2) and Firefox (version 64.0.2) without any succes.

I work on macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

Who can help me with my sharing issues? Many thanks in advance.

30 Replies

Not able to send any invitation for for any folder

Level 3

Hi.

I am not able to send any invitation regardless of which folder I want to share. I have shared a folder with 28 members, but now get the following error. "Error sending invitations" 

Re: Not able to send any invitation for for any folder

Super User II

Are you under quota?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Not able to send any invitation for for any folder

Level 3
Yes. Currently using under 1Gb. I have 5Gb.available.

Re: Share files issue

Dropboxer

Hey there @Hansy - sorry to hear that!

When you say lately, how long has it been since you first noticed this happening? 

While we're at it, could you try clearing your browser's cache and a private browsing window as well? If you still get the same error, please send me a  screenshot so I can have a visual too. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: cannot create shared link to a folder

Level 3

So strange all that still isn't working for me. Im at a loss.

Dropboxer
Hey (@maltebyte), thanks for checking in with us here. I’m wondering if you’re facing the same issue as the OP or a different one (i.e. are you working on your desktop or online)? If that’s happening on your desktop, a very quick pointer would be excluding the possibility of a syncing issue (i.e. I’m just saying so, as there was an update yesterday that maybe didn’t sync down to your Mac/pc). Please make sure that you’re running the latest Stable version of the Dropbox application (66.4.84), you’ve made all OS updates & the app displays an Up-To-Date message on your menu bar/system tray.  

Alternatively, if that’s happening on your account online, then repeating the same action through an incognito window/ in private browsing mode will help you determine whether a setting is causing this discrepancy.

If you’ve done any initial troubleshooting on your end, please do keep me updated of the outcome, so as to further advise accordingly. Any detail you could include on this discussion would be very helpful & thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me; rest assured that I’m here to help as much as possible!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the quick response! I am using the online account.

I have tried creating a new folder using incognito window firefox and chrome.

Result: A link still cannot be created.

additionally in chrome im using no add-ons.

Thanks in advance.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the prompt update (@maltebyte), this brings us one step closer to understanding why this is happening. Now, as you’ve mentioned that you’re trying to create a link to a folder you’ve just created, can you let me know if you’re getting any error messages by any chance? If so, can you please include a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next message, so as to better determine what's happening?

Thanks again for your cooperation & I'm looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Issue Sharing Folder

Level 4

I'm trying to share one folder to someone else email, but I'm getting the message

''There was a problem completing this request.''

All the time I get this message when I try to share.

I've tried using Firefox, Safari and GoogleChrome.

Same problem.

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have an issue with sharing files. Can you help?
30 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post