cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error when I sign in from the mobile app that my email isn't valid

I'm getting an error when I sign in from the mobile app that my email isn't valid

Roberto30
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to reset my android smartphone recently. Since then, I cannot use the dropbox app anymore. The app is asking for my email and a pwd. It keep saying :please enter a valid email address. I'm stuck at this point andIcannot lg into my dropbox.Fortunately, I can still access from my tablet and from my laptop.Can somebody help ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Roberto30

As a first step, could you please ensure that you’re trying to sign in with the relevant email address associated with your account? You can cross-check this by checking from other platforms you may have logged in to:
If you find that it’s the same account, could you try reinstalling the mobile app and see if that does the trick? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Roberto30

As a first step, could you please ensure that you’re trying to sign in with the relevant email address associated with your account? You can cross-check this by checking from other platforms you may have logged in to:
If you find that it’s the same account, could you try reinstalling the mobile app and see if that does the trick? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Roberto30
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the help.

I confirm the email address. I accessed from my tablet and checked it again.As far as reinstalling the app, this doesn't seem easy.This app is preinstalled and the choices you have when trying to uninstall are "forced stop" and "deactivate" I performed those 2 actions then re-activate. I'm still stuck as before. Thanks again

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for your swift reply, @Roberto30

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so that we can have a better look into this using our internal tools. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Sean344
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I’m also having the same issue on my kindle, was working ok, did an update last week and now it say please enter a valid email address, I know the address is valid as its the one I logged in with on here and on my phone

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Sean344, sorry to hear that you’re also having this experience. 

I’ve sent you an email at the email address connected to your Community account, so when you have the chance, please check your inbox and we’ll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

MandM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also cannot use the app on my Android 4.4 tablet anymore. It was working fine a month or two ago, but now it's asking me to log in, and says "please enter a valid email address." I hadn't updated the app because it was working, so why mess with it? I've since updated it, then uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, but it still asks for a valid email address. I can log in using the browser on the tablet, but that is so cumbersome with many more steps and time required, not the quick access to my files or integration with other apps that I've had. What changed? An I going to be forced to Onedrive?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @MandM, thanks for trying out some troubleshooting steps from your end. 

In order to have a look at this behavior from your end a bit more in-depth, I’ve reached out to the email address connected to your Community profile. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Runningwolf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well, here's a fine how-do-you-do. I too have this problem. I went to Play Store Apps and looked at installed apps and it wasn't even listed, though I know it is on the phone and I can attempt to log on being greeted with the "enter a valid e-mail address." I went into the phone settings/apps and it was listed there and I uninstalled it. When I went back to the play store to my library and attempted to re-install Dropbox, I am greeted with "Your device isn't compatible with this version" message. I have an HTC Droid Incredible 4G running Android 4.0.4. There are no new updates available for this phones system.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Runningwolf

If you have an Android phone and you want to run the mobile app, you need to use an Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or later. You can review this in this article

Nonetheless, you should be able to still navigate to your Dropbox account through the mobile device’s supported web browser(s)

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but I do hope it helps to some extent. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Ri5 New member | Level 2
    Runningwolf New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?