cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I'm receiving an error message when trying to rename a folder, what can I do?

Level 2

I have a lot of folders. On one of the folders, I am trying to change the name but it's giving me error message "Operation Not Permitted"......I don't have any problems changing it on any of the other files. Any idea why or what i can do to be able to make the change? Thank you.

1 Reply

Re: Folder name change

Dropboxer
Hey there @HRFLgirl,

So that I can understand the situation clearly, can you let me know if you’re taking this action on the web or through the desktop app

Also, is the folder that you are trying to rename a shared folder? If it is, please click the Share option next to the folder online and let me know what access you have to this folder (Can edit/view/Owner).

Finally, if you are trying to rename the folder online, can you try using another browser or incognito/private window to see if you still receive the same error message. If you could provide a screenshot of the error message (excluding any personal info), this would also be very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm receiving an error message when trying to rename a folder, what can I do?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post