cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job reached maximum retry attempts

Job reached maximum retry attempts

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I try to upload a PDF in gmail, I get error "Job reached maximum retry attempts". 

How I can fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Frank_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all,

Quick update on this. We've made some changes on our side that should improve the success rate for saving files to your Dropbox via the Gmail Chrome addin. The underlying cause behind the degradation in performance appears to be caused by an issue with attachment links that Gmail is providing us, so we've reached out to them to try and resolve this fully. 

As always, once I have more information to share I'll loop back here with an update!

Frank

View solution in original post

93 Replies 93

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
What steps are you using to upload?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
  1. Open e-mail (gmail, chrome) with pdf in attach
  2. On pdf document i take button “save to dropbox”
  3. I choose folder and push “save”
  4. Gmail says: job reached maximum retry attempts

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you tried https://www.dropbox.com/help/sign-in/enable-dropbox-for-gmail ?

It may be worth disabling and re-enabling.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dont work only pdf.

How i understand – permissions on chrome is ok.

I uninstall dropbox for gmail and install. The problem has not disappaered.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
How large is the PDF?

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Very small, for example 47 KB, 75 KB.

Dallas645
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My dropbox is no longer syncing with my Gmail account. I keep getting the error "Job reached maximum retry attempts" I have tried deleting the extension and reinstalling it a couple of times, but it's still not working.  Is there anyone that can help me with this? I rely on this for my business. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I'd suggest you both log a ticket:

www.dropbox.com/support to do that
http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track. Replies, however, may take a few days.

Dallas645
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you, will do!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gcorvin Helpful | Level 6
    fbfb016 Explorer | Level 4
    Ed Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?