cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection error - when there is internet?

3 Comments
1 Kudo
Level 2

No internet connection error - when there is internet?

I have been trying to upload pictures to my dropbox and for what ever reason it is saying that I am not connected to the internet. I have found some info on forums saying that I need to change the proxies, but the steps listed don't make sense as there is no "gear" to click and go in and change the proxy settings. I am using dropbox through Chrome on my windows OS. Please let me know how I can change these settings while on my setup.

Thanks,

Brit

3 Replies
Super User II

Re: No internet connection error - when there is internet?

If you are using Chrome then you shouldnt get that error as you are just going to the web page and uploading via that. What do you get when you go to Chrome and www.dropbox.com ?

The 'gear' icon is on the desktop software which sits next to the clock on the status bar (bottom right on Windows, top right on Mac). THAT is what gives the error and THAT is what I think you are actually using.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Hi Mark, I too experiencing the same error as britforbes, the jpeg upload failed on both Chrome and IE. I have tried updated Chrome and Java. Clear the cache and cookies for Chrome and IE, cleared Java cache but I am having failed upload. I have even tried uploading different file types and file name, tried it on a different computer but still no luck. Both machines are Windows 7 (64bit). And I can access dropbox just fine.

Dropboxer

Hey @edwinooi1991

Sorry to get back to you in delay. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Please let me know here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow