Saml Assertion validates error

Level 2

Screenshot from 2019-03-12 17-37-44.png

I am getting this error. Even certificate is valid

Tags (2)
1 Reply

Re: Saml Assertion validates error

Dropboxer

Hey there @vamshi_835, welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this.

The error: "could not validate SAML assertion" is usually due to the X.509 certificate either having expired or it approaching the expiry date.

Can you please get a new X.509 certificate from your identity provider, and set it up again in the admin console? You add add the new cert via the SSO section in Settings tab of your Admin Console. Adding a new X.509 cert should resolve this issue right away.

If the issue persists then it is possibly due to an issue around the time settings. If that's the case, can you validate that your servers are syncing clock times with the NTP standard? Any changes to clock times must be configured on your end, and it might be possible that you need to add a slight skew if your servers are already synced.

In the past some users have reported that changing servers has resolved the issue, for example switching time.windows.com to time.google.com.

I hope this information helps and please keep me posted on your progress. Thank you.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Saml Assertion validates error
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post