cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync error - "There was an error opening this document"

Smart Sync error - "There was an error opening this document"

awitzburg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can access files on dropbox website, however on all computers utilizing smartsync, every time you try and open a file from the dropbox folder, it says "There was an error opening this doucment. The file cannot be accessed by the system."

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling dropbox and the same issue persisted. Same issue accross all computers in my office. 

54 Replies 54

DavidENG
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Meant offline version*

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

@DavidENG wrote:

I have already installed, restart and run the last builds and it didn't change anything.  

Even installed the office version didn't work either.

It's weird because all our technicians installed this version and the issue was fixed in all 100% of the cases. I even try myself in several systems and confirmed Dropbox fixed the problem with this specific update. Actually the update was designed to just address this specific issue.

DavidENG
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Well anything or any idea how to resolved my issues? 

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

@DavidENG wrote:

Well anything or any idea how to resolved my issues? 

David. 

Because the last Dropbox version fix this related issues, I believe you need to troubleshoot.

If I was you, I will check if there is any Windows update missing.

I will uninstall, restart and reinstall Dropbox as well.

DavidENG
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

l le Alexis, I will troubleshoot and see what i found, will let you know if it is working 

Need more support?