cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: There was a problem completing this request

There was a problem completing this request

Gunsnrosie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting this error today when attempting to open files through desktop browsers as well as via the mobile app. I have tried two different browsers on my laptop (Firefox 64.0 and Chrome 71.0.3578.98, then Firefox again after clearing full history/cache in safe mode), and also the mobile app on iphone. No dice. 

I can't find a similar scenario in the help center here so I'm posting in the hopes that I can get something else to try!

34 Replies 34

Coulson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same Problem too

kscan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here! Dropbox needs to get on it!

Tblimline897666
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Does anyone know why files can not be accessed? I keep getting errors for every file I have.

mshappee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to email them with the error message and the fact that others in the community are having the same issue. 

mshappee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's working now. 🙂 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for reporting this, everyone!

The team has been informed and are looking into this. You can find more info about this through our status page:
“Most parts of the Dropbox platform are experiencing an outage. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly.”

Thanks in advance for your patience on this!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gunsnrosie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What I find particularly frustrating is not just that the site is down, that happens on occasion, but that the first resource I found was the "Status Report" page claiming "All Systems Operational/ No Incidents Reported," but this page has no "Report Incident" button! So I came here and see how many others are also posting about this.

Is there not an "incident report" page or feature around here? I cannot be the only one to find that asinine (Unless I completely missed something that is actually obvious?)

R_A_D
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Seems similar, but I'm getting from Windows Explorer from a folder I'm needing to share...

"Dropbox couldn't complete your request.
We encountered an unexpected error."

Not tied to a browser, though I see an issue there as well...

Dropbox_Unexpected_Error.jpg

Actually got a chuckle out of the message having written a lot of code ... are errors ever expected?  Usually we fix / handle them if they are.

ohiostrat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

is the system still down?

ohiostrat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I chatted with them they say the system is down

Need more support?