cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was a problem completing this request

There was a problem completing this request

Gunsnrosie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting this error today when attempting to open files through desktop browsers as well as via the mobile app. I have tried two different browsers on my laptop (Firefox 64.0 and Chrome 71.0.3578.98, then Firefox again after clearing full history/cache in safe mode), and also the mobile app on iphone. No dice. 

I can't find a similar scenario in the help center here so I'm posting in the hopes that I can get something else to try!

34 Replies 34

Paikaia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm getting the "Error (500) Something went wrong." when attempting to open new files, and I can't access any of my already created files.  All I get told is "There was a problem completing this request." This happens both on the dropbox website and the phone app.

MikeP4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem with an urgently needed folder.  

Cbattle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here!

rochester
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue for the last 45 minutes

KimBH
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have any of you tried downloading files and had an error as well? I am thinking Dropbox is having measure issues across the board today...

aseel98
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

email saying i was granted accessemail saying i was granted accesswhat happened when i clicked "view on drop box"what happened when i clicked "view on drop box"the folder isn't showing up even when i click on shared filesthe folder isn't showing up even when i click on shared files

I cannot open up a shared folder and the original poster shared it with me? What happened? How can i fix this? I need the files ASAP

chemsales
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here

ericalevey
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Need assistance - for some reason my shared file attempts cannot be completed.  No other info given by dropbox. 

ACCMX
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here 😞

rockinchalk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having this issue as well today with 2 very critical folders. Other folders are okay, and the problem I'm having is being encountered by my client in another location in the country, so this is not just me, my browser, my cache. But it is our shared folder... very strange and a bit scary.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

R_A_D New member | Level 2
    AklArtsFest New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    maryezimmer New member | Level 2
    ohiostrat New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?