Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Unable to create new folder or upload a folder

Level 3

Hi, I am on Windows 10 PC and am unable to create a new folder or upload any files from my PC. When I try to create a new folder, I keep getting an error message in a pink box that states "There was a problem completing this request." When I try to upload a file I get a different error message in a pink box that just says "Upload error." The file that I try to upload is not large at all, and I have more than 1GB of space in my account. I have tried to complete these tasks on both Chrome and IE, both resulting in same error messages. 

I last used dropbox several months ago, and the only change I can think of since then is that I upgraded to Windows 10. Would this cause the error messages?

3 Replies

Re: Unable to create new folder or upload a folder

Dropboxer

Hey there @jureardon  - sorry to hear about this.

Can you please try clearing your browser's cache, an incognito window (with no plugins or extensions running) and/or another browser ? If you still get the same error, please send me a screenshot so I can have a better look into this.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Hi, I cleared my cache and tried both actions again and received the same error messages. I am attaching images of what the error messages look like in hopes you can help troubleshoot. I can't tell if the photos are uploaded thoguh so please let me know if they don't come through.

Julia

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear this persists Julia. 

As I wasn't able to see your screenshots here, I've just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on this together.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:8998993 ) and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unable to create new folder or upload a folder
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post