Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

1 Comment
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

Unexpected errors occurred! can't move dropbox folder un Ubuntu

Hello,

other people posted the same issue before, but I have not seen a working solution so I am reposting it.

I am running Dropbox on Ubuntu 16.04. I need to move the dropbox folder to a different partition as support for filesystems different from ext4 is discontinued.

When I try to move the Dropbox location I get the "Unexpected errors occurred!" error. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Dropbox several times and doesn't help. Even if I delete the dropbox folder from the default location, it just recreates it when it starts and downloads all the files again from the server.

Screenshot from 2018-11-07 12-26-38.png

Tags (1)
1 Reply
Level 2

Re: Unexpected errors occurred! can't move dropbox folder un Ubuntu

Update: I downloaded the new DB beta version, and it seems it's able to move its location to the desired partition (downloading all the files again from the server rather than moving them from the old location).

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-62-3-93/m-p/308109#M5126%2Fjump-to%...

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Error messages.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post