Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
3 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

What Raises your level in the Dropbox Community?

So i joined the community because i am interested in the Super User program, and to join the super user program i must be part of this community for 4 months, AND reach a certain community level. How does one climb the levels in the community? 

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: What Raises your level in the Dropbox Community?

Post and reply to topics, getting kudos on your posts from others, etc. Basically, forum participation.
3 Replies
Super User II

Post and reply to topics, getting kudos on your posts from others, etc. Basically, forum participation.
Level 3

It's all a "reward" system for relying on the customers to do the support job of the software company, it's just that there's no real reward. As a business customer, I do find that their support team is more responsive when we have a problem, but let's face it, if it were a simple issue, we'd probably be able to address it ourselves.  Usually when we call in, the issue has to be escalated, delaying resolution by several days (or longer).  DB isn't the only company that does this... most of them do, but it's just not a practical model, asking users to support a software product or platform that we pay to use.  If I wanted to be a software support technician, I'd have made a different career choice.  I couldn't care less what level I'm at, because if my level gets too high, it would be an indication that I'm not doing my real job.  

Super User II

@Curmudgeon wrote:

... it's just that there's no real reward.

The bonus space I've earned as a result of helping others, along with the live chat sessions and webinars I've had with several Dropbox personnel, would prove otherwise.

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Error messages.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post