cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues - updated Aug 14th see more

Why am I constantly getting prompts about Dropbox with links to the help center on my computer?

SOLVED
Go to solution
11 Comments
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5

Why am I constantly getting prompts about Dropbox with links to the help center on my computer?

I don't use dropbox and I am constantly getting pop-up tabs from https://www.dropbox.com/help. I've muted this site and blocked you, but you're still somehow getting through. I fully intend to delete this account as soon as I get an answer. How do I end your spam stream?

Tags (1)
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 5

Re: Help Center Pop-up tab

Dealt with the bug I think. Recently did a factory restart of my computer and a program that offers 20gb of Dropbox space with the computer must have been producing these pages. I uninstalled and haven't seen these pages since. Appreciate the quick responses though. 

11 Replies
Super User II

Can you share a screengrab of the popups?

I have to be honest and say I've never EVER seen anything like this before.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hi there, we’re sorry to hear about this. What pop-ups are you referring to on the help center page? 

Are they chat windows, other search terms? Any screenshots of this would help for us to check it out on our end!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Solution
Level 5

Dealt with the bug I think. Recently did a factory restart of my computer and a program that offers 20gb of Dropbox space with the computer must have been producing these pages. I uninstalled and haven't seen these pages since. Appreciate the quick responses though. 

Level 5

The pop-up would produce two new tabs for just the help center home page: https://www.dropbox.com/help. Pretty weird, but I think it's dealt with. 

Dropboxer

Aah, you probably bought a recent Dell device! They do offer 20 GB quota if you sign in with the program already on the computer. 

Glad to hear you found out what was causing the pop-ups. Have a great weekend!

Jay

Re: Why am I constantly getting prompts about Dropbox with links to the help center on my computer?

Hey, thank you so much. I was having the same problem after restarting my computer. I think it's some shady bull on dropbox's end but that's just my opinion. This helped.
Level 2

Hello there.  I have the same problem: when I access Microsoft Edge, two Drop Box Help Center tabs open up.  I do use dropbox, so I don't want to get rid of it on my computer.  But these tabs "popping-up" is super annoying.

[image removed]

Dropboxer

Hi there, it looks like you’ve got an app with the old Dropbox logo in your task bar.

Could you check if this is the installation for an older version of Dropbox? What happens when you click it?

Jay

Level 2

Hi Jay.  Here is a screenshot of what I get when I click the Dropbox logo at the bottom of my screen  I have just ignored this as I already have an accont and usually access files I am sharing with others through links in our emails... Maybe this is the probelm? slightly smiling face

[image removed]

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4350
Mark 3636
Jane 1184
Sanchez 974
Greg K. 885