Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Why am I getting an error when I save a doc? How do I create a document?

hf3 Level 2
Level 2

I am having a new issue.  When I save something to a file I am getting an error message even though the document will save.  Also I am not in sync with the other parties in my Dropbox circle.  Third issue I have tried to create a new file and just can't seem to figure out how to do it.  Appreciate your help.

Frank

3 Replies

Re: Error

Dropboxer
Hi @hf3, could you please elaborate on this so as to have a better understanding of your question? For example:
  • What type of document are you saving and trying to create?
  • Which platform are you using to do these actions? Through the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?
  • Could you also send me a screenshot (without personal info) of the error message that you’re seeing?
Any additional details on this would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

hf3 Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your response.  Couple of things you asked about:  I get a error message when I go out of Dropbopx it says it is not computer supported.  I can pull a document make changes and put it back as a new document in the folder.  Nothing sync's to other computers and I do not get whatever is created from the other end.  I have tried but can not figure out how to create a new folder the help feature was of no help.  If there is somone I can talk to over the phone that would be the best way to solve the problem.  Sorry do not know how to get a screen shot. 

Frank

[personal information removed]

Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info, @hf3! Even without the screenshot, your description of the behavior you’re experiencing definitely helps paints a better image. 

Initially, please note that I’ve removed personal information included in your post for security and privacy purposes. 

I also wanted to mention that, while all Dropbox customers can reach Dropbox Support over email, depending on the subscription that you’re on, you can find out the support options available here

Moving on to your concern though, it sounds like you’re the Dropbox folder on your computer isn’t syncing because your device is on an unsupported operating system. 

In general, when an OS is no longer supported, syncing content changes stops and you’ll be signed out of the desktop desktop app on that computer. You can find more info regarding this in this article

To continue using the desktop app on that device after support has ended for your OS, you'll need to update it to a supported version.

However, if you choose not to update it, your files will remain safe in your Dropbox account and you can access them from another supported device or on the website if you're using a supported browser.

If I’ve misunderstood your concern though or you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to get back to me. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why am I getting an error when I save a doc? How do I create a document?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post