Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues are updated here. Learn more
254 Comments
4 Likes
CC2
Level 3

Re: Windows 7 Event Viewer Error "Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894)"

Same version here
It started on 6/27 2:46 PM after a dbupdate of which I did not invoke.
Dbxsvc.exe is file version 1.0.23.0 in case that matters.
Don't have the time to dig much deeper.
Plan to shutdown the service till this gets fixed!
Level 2

Re: Failed to connect to the driver: -<longnumber>, retrying in 1000 milliseconds

Thanks, yes, the retries are now at 6000 ms intervals. At least the system resources abuse is reduced.
Level 2

Re: Failed to connect to the driver: -<longnumber>, retrying in 1000 milliseconds

At 30 minutes (1800000 ms) now, thanks!
Level 5

I've disable Dropbox. Might not return to it.
Why would an issue like this not just get fixed and pushed to users?
I've been monitoring this for months and now have given up waiting.
Many other cloud data saving services out there. Many offer more space anyway. Thanks for encouraging me to investigate. I'd recommend MS OneDrive.
Level 2

@Jiggs: Well, actually having an information message every 30 minutes (48 in total per day) doesn't seem too bothering to me.
Level 2

It's "not so bad", but after all this, Dropbox still only aliviates the problem, instead of solving it completely? I'm with @Jiggs.

Level 5

I still get it every second, including after downloading the app offered on the main site. The update to reduce it to every 30 minutes is not obviously accessible, and should just be pushed to all of us. 

With Dropbox enabled, my Application log is completely unusable. Every 30 minutes would be fine. Every second is insane.

Level 4

Jiggs wrote:
I've disable Dropbox. Might not return to it.
Why would an issue like this not just get fixed and pushed to users?
I've been monitoring this for months and now have given up waiting.
Many other cloud data saving services out there. Many offer more space anyway. Thanks for encouraging me to investigate. I'd recommend MS OneDrive.

Yes, MS OneDrive.  In case anyone doesn't know it yet, if you subscribe to MS Office 365, that includes ONE TERABYTE of cloud storage with the subscription.  The only reason I keep DropBox (and Google Drive) is because I have many friends and business relationships who do not have OneDrive, or for one reason or another prefer DropBox or Google Drive.

Level 7

My problem didn't begin until 29.4.20 loaded. Then I got the message every second until I loaded 30.3.15. Once I loaded 30.3.15, it gave the error every second for a couple minutes, then every minute for about 30 minutes, then it went to every 30 minutes (1800000 ms).

You're right that isn't a fix, it is a work around. For me that is the difference between unloading it or not.

Hope to see a fix soon.

Level 2

@Jiggs: You have to enable the "beta channel" logging in in dropbox.com and going to settings. After that Dropbox will automatically update to 30.3.15.
Error Messages

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Error messages.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post