cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error 403" - Dropbox says I "don't belong here" and is not letting me download my own files!

"Error 403" - Dropbox says I "don't belong here" and is not letting me download my own files!

Mark A.54
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I log in with email and password. My files load. I can click on them and view them, etc. But when I click "Download," I get an error message saying: "Error 403 - it appears you don't belong here ..." and it directs me to "sign in" or go to the 'help center" or the "home page." But I'm already signed in, I go to help center, home page, etc., and there does not appear to be a solution to this problem. Help!!!!???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Followed a link here to dl a community file, and I get the same message

The person that generated the link did it incorrectly. You need to contact them.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Michael A.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem...I need help to

Maggie L.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is happening to me.  the only thing I can think of is over a year ago- I did not have a drop box.  Someone guided me to get a file into their drop box.  Now that I want to use drop box, i seem to have this issue/

R B.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The person that generated the link did it incorrectly. You need to contact them.

Debra G.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Help! Same problem. Does anyone have a fix?

Debra G.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Help! Same problem. Does anyone have a fix?

Jackson C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem downloading Damage Indicators from Minecraft Fourm

Arbor S.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. The file itself mysteriously disappeared from my dropbox file entirely. I am trying to piece together what happened. I can see the file the day I put it in dropbox, but when I click on it, I get the "you don't belong here, you should sign in" error message and I am already signed in.

My concern is more about file loss because it was a billing file...there's no trail to tell me how it got removed from dropbox. I checked deleted files, I checked events, nothing. The only trail I can find is when the file was originally put in dropbox.

Has anyone figured out why we are getting this message?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Aprilia M. New member | Level 1
    Arbor S. New member | Level 2
    Jackson C. New member | Level 1
    Debra G.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?