cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot navigate around Dropbox - just downloads 'DMS' files

"This site can't be reached" when accessing the Dropbox site

PeggyPhillips
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am so frustrated with my account today.  Four times I have had to verify it is me.  When I try to open my "home" or "files" - I cannot see the files.  I get a white page with shaded file folders.  No words.  Won't open.  I don't want to read articles on "how to......".  Please tell me what is going wrong.

By the way - I have no idea which of your suggested categories pertain to my issue.

Thank you.

20 Replies 20

jimssss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Has been down for a few minutes at least for me too. Now back up.

rrouth4458
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I try to open Dropbox from Safari instead of opening, it sends web address to my download folder. On Chrome it just says theat page is not available. Is Dropbox down?

michaelh001
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I hope this is the right forum as I can't find one dedicated to dropbox.com issues.

A couple of days ago no problems. Today I can no longer navigate around on dropbox.com apart from logging in to my home screen.  Every other action just downloads an empty file to my desktop.

E.g. I click on 'Files' on the left of the screen and an empty file 'home.dms' downloads to my desktop.  I click on 'Paper' and 'paper.dms' downloads. Click on a folder and 'foldername.dms' downloads.  Etc.

What the heck have I done to get this effect?  Any help is very much appreciated!

(I'm using OSX High Sierra and Safari 12.0.1)

Teagueman
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Same issue for me.  Started about 40 minues ago.

Teagueman
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Ok, it seems to have fixed itself.  weird.

tplsunrise
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Been using Dropbox for years with no problem on MacBook Pro.  Today accepted an invite to new folder Bards Grange.  (I had already had access to this folder).  Now when I type Dropbox in the menu bar in Safari, it drops some kind of linnk into the Downloads.  Why?  When clicking on  that item it says: 

There is no application set to open the document “www.dropbox.com”.

I cannot open Driopbox .

Thought?

michaelh001
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here. It seems to be working again!  Thanks for letting me know.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

For those new to the discussion, I've been merging all of your individual posts into this thread. Please see @Jay's response above for information about the issue.

MKN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Exact same problem in both Safari and IE.  Clicking any link at all (e.g. "home" "files") was as if I was trying to download the webpage.

Happened when I was on a call with a client who was then not happy about being unable to access the file I sent with a "faulty" link! 

Had to scramble to compress and e-mail the files instead.   

It's been buggy all afternoon since then, 4xx error, 500 error.  Yet somehow the Dropbox stats webpage says it is all fine and dandy with no outages!  Guess all of us reporting same errors here don't count.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @john30 - sorry for the tardy response; are you still having issues with this?

Have you tried other browsers by any chance?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there John.

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?