cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't a video from my Dropbox account save to my iPhone?

Why won't a video from my Dropbox account save to my iPhone?

james_sb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to export an MP4 from my Dropbox to my Iphone 6c iOS 10.3.3 but am

repeatedly getting the 'sorry this type of video cannot be saved to this device'.

Have searched around the internet and found this question asked loads of times, yet am unable to find a clear answer as to what the cause is/how to get around this.

I've exported the video from premiere, just to ensure I'm not doing anything wrong I've added a screenshot of the export settings below.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 22.48.47.png

Any help much appreciated as it's incredibly frustrating. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

richalhoub
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Having the same issue, I'm using an iPhone 5SE 64GB. 

The file size I have is 88MB. Something that size has never been an issue to download from Dropbox before. 

The Export process completes but right at the end it doesn't save but instead shows the error message. I've favorited the link on my phone, but I can't get it to store locally on my phone. 

I was only able to download when I re-exported at the settings in the screenshotCapture.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
How large is the video?

Just wondering if its timing out before the download completes.

Have you tried adding it as a favourite first and then once its locally stored tried to move it to the Camera Roll?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

richalhoub
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The file size I have is 88MB. Something that size has never been an issue to download from Dropbox before. 

The Export process completes but right at the end it doesn't save but instead shows the error message. I've favorited the link on my phone, but I can't get it to store locally on my phone. 

I was only able to download when I re-exported at the settings in the screenshotCapture.PNG

alexandergreat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you so much! Im not sure what was causing this, but i only changed the bitrate and moved it to progressive scan and this worked like a charm. Thank you so much. My client is very happy.

snickerdoodle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do you go to the "export setting" page? I am having the same issue, but I cant figure out how to change the export settings since I cant find the page.

@richalhoubwrote:

audreyh68
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same exact issue. I am trying to export an MP4 file from a GoPro, from my DropBox to my phone. I keep getting the same "Sorry this type of video cannot be saved to this device" message. Even when I try and export from DropBox to iMovie, iMovie then gives me a similar message. So I came out there, found this solution, yet I can't figure out how to get to my settings on either my phone or from my laptop, in Dropbox, to adjust export settings.  This is one of the most frustrating things I've ever dealt with. 

bzb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Field Order: Progressive!

Worked for me. Thanks!

Ankh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Could you please tell us which software (video editor) you are using?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ankh Explorer | Level 4
    bzb New member | Level 2
    audreyh68 New member | Level 2
    snickerdoodle New member | Level 2
    alexandergreat New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?