cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 34 files stuck syncing for days

34 files stuck syncing for days

knorthofwest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am using dropbox on a Macbook Pro from 2017. I am only using 16% of the space available on my dropbox account.

I have never had any issues like this with dropbox before, but all of the sudden I have 34 files that are stuck syncing. At least one of them has been stuck syncing for over a week. I have tried quitting the app and restarting. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I just can not figure out what is the problem.

One thing to note is when I right click on the files that won't sync it says "that file is supported but someting went wrong."

I have attached a photo of what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me crazy! This is a my work account, and often I am sharing files with multiple people, and I have lost that ability.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 2.06.54 PM.png

Best,

Krista

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

knorthofwest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil ,

Thanks so much for the response! I actually just figured it out. One of my .psd files had a "/" in it, and I believe it was causing the rest of them to not sync. As soon as I removed the / everything else synced within seconds.

So strange!

Thanks again,

Krista

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @knorthofwest, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

As a first step, could you please confirm for me the following:

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

knorthofwest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil ,

Thanks so much for the response! I actually just figured it out. One of my .psd files had a "/" in it, and I believe it was causing the rest of them to not sync. As soon as I removed the / everything else synced within seconds.

So strange!

Thanks again,

Krista

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Awesome work, @knorthofwest! :grin: Glad to hear that. 

If you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Have a lovely weekend ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JoergEss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Maybe here there is the same problem. But ... where is such a file? The bad_file_check doesn't work (known issue)

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @JoergEss, thanks for checking in with us. 

You should be able to find files that contain incompatible characters found in this list

However, could you please elaborate a bit on what the issue is? Are you having trouble syncing? Are you not seeing files in your Dropbox folder?

Any additional info would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

JoergEss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I've got an open ticket since a long time and nothing helps. The support is slow and i'm loosing time day by day.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for nudging me back, @JoergEss

I was able to locate your support request and can see that it's with a specialized member of the team. 

I understand that you'd like to resolve this as soon as possible but, to ensure efficient troubleshooting, I'd recommend continuing with the ticket you have with our Support team. 

I've passed your comments along and they'll get back to you as soon as they have more info or the next relevant steps. Rest assured, they'll do their best to assist you.

In the meantime, let me know if there's anything else I can help with from my end!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

JoergEss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Can you tell me if the last beta has got fixes for such problems?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again, @JoergEss

In general, updates to our latest versions include performance and security enhancements. 

Although I can't exactly pin-point the current ones, keep your peeled in case our team updates the relevant thread with the relevant information. 

Hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?